Your future begins here - great benefits, great people. Join us today! The University at Buffalo Foundation (UBF) is searching for a Senior Associate Director of Financial Services to join our team.
The position will work directly with the Chief Financial Officer to coordinate accounting and financial management functions for UBF and its affiliated companies.
The Senior Associate Director of Financial Services will have an understanding of tax and government compliance regulations, internal policy development and compliance, and general ledger maintenance. The position will be responsible for managing a staff of two Financial Services Coordinators.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
STAFF MANAGEMENT (20%)
- Provide general and daily oversight of accounting and general ledger staff including:
- Daily bank activities and monthly reconciliations
- Reimbursement activities to UB (Scholarships, IFR and RF Payroll)
- Property, plant, equipment and fine art records
- General ledger maintenance and activities
- Insurance program allocations
- Sales tax filing
DEPARTMENT ACTIVITY AND ENHANCEMENTS (30%)
- Manage various accounting department functions including:
- Cash management and bank activities
- General ledger entries, posting and analysis
- Investment pool share ledgers maintenance and reconciliations
- Monthly financial statement closings
- Property, plant and equipment records, including depreciation
- Real Estate operation entries and reporting
FINANCIAL STATEMENT PREPARATION AND AUDIT (20%)
- Assist with preparation of the audited financial statements and footnotes
- Assist with annual financial presentations for board and committee meetings
- Participate in regular calls with KPMG regarding audit activities and accounting pronouncements
BUDGETING AND REPORTING (20%)
• Coordinate preparation of annual budget for UBF and its affiliates
• Assist with preparation of budget presentations for board and committee meetings
• Analyze and explain budget variances
MISCELLANEOUS RESPONSIBILITIES (10%)
• Work with programmers to create, maintain and enhance reports
• Assist with development of policies and procedures
• Perform other accounting and financial activities as needed
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UBF comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our UBF benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.