Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director University Compliance Officer
Old Dominion University
Under the direction of the Executive Director for Compliance and Risk Management, the Associate Director of Compliance supports and assists in fostering and monitoring compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations, other legal obligations, and institutional policies and procedures governing the administration of the principal functions intersecting administrative offices/departments, and the relevant constituencies within the colleges and schools. The Associate Director works closely with University leadership, and corresponding functional areas within—Administration and Finance, Academic Affairs, Athletics, Communications, Research, Student Engagement and Enrollment Services, and Human Resources. The Associate Director of Compliance will help ensure that the applicable policies and procedures within the applicable offices are fully documented and adhered to.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in, Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, Risk Management, Compliance Management, Political Science, or a related field; Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience and training to a Master’s degree may be substituted.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of compliance risk management including program and policy development, ability to plan and meet deadlines, exercise and training development and implementation, create positive relationship and foster campus community engagement and partnership.
- Basic/working knowledge of current compliance “best practices” in higher education.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, collaboration and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills establishing effective partnerships and in interacting successfully with and fostering effective working relationships with internal constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to compliance and ethics; to formulate policy and procedures; to compile clear, accurate reports; and to coordinate/facilitate meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to represent organizational policies and effectively market associated programs.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, collegial, and cooperatively work with agency subordinates, agency peers, agency leadership, professional peers, community constituencies, and external agencies/entities.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the diverse constituents of the campus community.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- A valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Considerable experience in higher education compliance with a University.
- Considerable mid-level administrative or program management experience.
- Some experience establishing and achieving organizational goals and objectives.
- Some experience with the Higher Education Compliance Alliance and development of a compliance registry for tracking compliance items.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and state regulations as they relate to Admissions, Student Financial Services, and the Registrar.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple offices is necessary.
- Time management skills are essential and some experience managing projects.
- Strong data analysis and proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Credentials or certification in auditing, compliance, or legal-related studies.
- Terminal degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in , Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, Risk Management, Compliance Management, Political Science, or a related field.
- Considerable experience in institutions of higher education (particularly in auditing, financial aid, or an intersecting function with federal or state aid
programs) or in the Department of Education’s relevant functions highly preferred.
- Considerable experience with systems and processes associated with the administration of federal (Title IV and Title VII) and state aid programs, including student lending and federal reporting requirements.
- Considerable experience developing and maintaining effective two-way communication with agency subordinates, agency peers, agency leadership, professional peers, community constituencies, and external agencies/entities.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |