Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Research Development Manager
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Research Development Manager
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Worcester Polytechnic Institute invites applications for a Research Development Manager position to support the growth in research. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Research (VPR), the Research Development Manager helps identify, develop, implement and manage programs and services designed to support the research initiatives outlined in the Strategic Plan and increase the competitiveness of proposals for extramural funding, with an emphasis on development of large-scale interdisciplinary activities.
The Research Development Manager position is part of a strategic initiative to strengthen the research infrastructure at WPI and will be part of WPI's Research Solutions Institute (RSI). The Research Development Manager will participate in the expansion of existing disciplinary and multi-disciplinary programs and the development of new initiatives, working with teams of faculty to develop strategies for multi-million dollar programs
- Facilitates networking, teambuilding, proposal planning and coordination for large-scale, multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multi-center collaborations.
- Strengthens the institutional infrastructure for promoting interdisciplinary research and proposal development across the Institute.
- Advises faculty on federal and other funding opportunities and coordinates the establishment of faculty teams and assists in the development and writing of competitive proposals.
- Focuses on building a portfolio of sponsorship from diverse sources, including industry and maps faculty strengths to key sponsor initiatives.
- Develops and maintains relationships with federal and non-federal extramural sponsors in support of research development efforts.
- Works closely with Sponsored Programs to assist faculty in preparing competitive funding applications.
- Works closely with Sponsored Programs, Sponsored Programs Accounting, and Technology Commercialization to develop and deliver training workshops.
- Participates in VPR and WPI-wide working groups and committees to identify and develop resources that support research.
- A graduate degree in STEM or equivalent experience in research and proposal development.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and non-federal sponsors supporting research and education activities, preferably in a university environment.
- Excellent communications skills, strong problem solving skills, ability to drive decisions, ability to see the big picture and grasp complex interconnections.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing complex solicitations and translating technical concepts into a well-written fundable proposal.
- Training in research and writing; excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Experience with project/program management and scheduling tools with a proven track-record in managing complex R&D initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to manage an unpredictable and time-sensitive caseload of complex assignments while providing quality service and meeting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and organizations skills with a demonstrated ability to build consensus and lead teams in order to achieve desired outcomes.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Research-Development-Manager_R0000698
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |