Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director, Information Technology
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Associate Director, Information Technology
Online Education & Corporate Operations
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Associate Director, Information Technology is responsible for leading the information technology function and data management team in support of Graduate Studies, including campus-based graduate students, online graduate students and corporate graduate students, as well as professional development programs at WPI. This includes but is not limited to, developing IT solutions in support of graduate student and professional development program recruitment and retention, project management of IT initiatives, managing the IT governance and approval process for Graduate Studies initiatives and supporting the data and reporting needs for Graduate Studies. The Associate Director directly manages and/or leads the team in the processes of requirements gathering, design, research and development, testing, and integration of IT projects, tools, applications and products. Additionally, the Associate Director reviews and introduces new technology to the team to fill process gaps and improve efficiency, as well as solves complex technical issues, discovers software failures, identifies solutions and recommends product enhancements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead all IT projects prioritized for Graduates Studies through University Governance, design and implementation.
- Serve as Salesforce expert in development and support for Graduate Studies, Professional Development programs and other groups such as the Registrar and Undergraduate Summer Programs using Salesforce
- Act as Salesforce developer in addition to providing support to end-users.
- Review and vet all new technology and software platforms being considered for use in support of Graduate Studies.
- Research, develop, customize, implement, support, and maintain IT-based business processes including Microsoft SharePoint, AXIOM data loader, Workday, Ellucian Banner ERP, Salesforce, Pardot, Social Studio, FormAssembly, Handshake, and other reporting and analysis tools used by the team in support of recruitment and retention.
- Train users on the use of technology tools as needed.
- Seek, obtain, and maintain professional certifications relevant to the technology portfolio, specifically Salesforce.
- Act as a primary point of contact between the IT department and Graduate Studies. Collaborate with IT project managers to ensure project success.
- Lead the Graduate Studies Tech Support & Data Management team. Supervise student worker(s) and other staff as necessary.
- Oversee IT software upgrades within Graduate Studies and support campus-wide technology ventures on behalf of the division.
- Represent WPI Graduate Studies and the department at national and regional conferences as needed.
- Collaborate with other campus offices to ensure appropriate use of shared data. Offer technical expertise in the form of training and trouble-shooting to other related departments on an as-needed basis.
- Maintain highest level of technical currency through documentation, research, experimentation and exchange of information.
- Interface with software vendors as needed to research, implement and support new tools and to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Work with IT to develop and implement access and security policy and procedures.
- Review technology portfolio to ensure ideal use of existing tools, identify training needs, and streamline the delivery of services; recommend changes to process as needed.
- Make recommendations regarding budgeting decisions concerning software, hardware and related expenses.
- Bachelor's Degree with major or minor in an analytical, technical or engineering discipline required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Experience with Salesforce required. Salesforce Certified System Administrator credential strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of effective project management.
- Strong sense of business needs and the ability to identify pain points that impede success.
- Substantial IT knowledge and experience in relevant areas and a high degree of integrity relative to computer security and confidentiality of information required.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, organizational, team building and communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively with people at varying levels of computer literacy; and the ability to establish collaborative working relationships at all levels of the university is required.
Please upload a cover letter to be fully considered for this position.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Associate-Director--Information-Technology_R0000780
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |