Director of the Center for Well-being
Student Development & Counseling
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Director of the Center for Well-being is a member of the WPI Division of Student Affairs and reports directly to the Associate Dean for Student Development. The Director is responsible for the financial, operational, programming and evaluation and personnel activities of the WPI Center for Well-being. This includes strategic visioning to support the growth and development of the Center, recruiting, training and supporting staff and students working within the Center and enhancing collaborative relationships across campus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic visioning to establish and develop WPI's Center for Well-being
- Work with WPI mental health task force/advisory board to envision key elements of the University's strategic approach to enhancing overall community well-being
- Oversee the development and implementation of plans to operationalize core elements of the well-being initiative
- Oversee the development, deployment and interpretation of measures of success associated with the overall plan
Recruitment and staffing for the Center for Well-being
- Identify, recruit, train and support core staff for the Center to include professional and administrative support positions
- Develop internship training program in coordination with regional Masters in Public Health programs
- Oversee the development of the recruitment, training and support of student peer Well-being advocates
- Collaborate with campus faculty/academic departments to establish and support postdoctoral research initiatives to be supported by the Center
- Participate in cultivating additional sources of revenue and support for the Center, to include grant and donor support
- Enhance collaborative partnerships across campus to improve student/campus well-being
- Collaborate with key campus partners in the implementation of well-being initiatives to include Counseling, Health Services, Physical Education/Athletics, Nutrition
- Work with academic departments/faculty to develop opportunities for student project based learning experiences aimed at improving campus well-being
- Support faculty identification and development of academic courses/elements associated with improving well-being
- Collaborate with academic support and residential services to design and implement population level initiatives aimed at improving student adjustment, resilience and psychological flexibility
Collaborate with key campus partners to establish and develop the physical space for the Center for Well-being
- Provide vision and input to the location and design of the Center
- Provide vision and input as to decoration, furnishing and equipping of the Center
Budget/Center development and management
- Oversee the development, allocation and accounting of University and outside funding sources
- Prepare and submit quarterly budget reports
- Prepare annual report to reflect Center data, growth and development and visioning
- Other duties as assigned
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- An advanced degree in public health, health promotion, health education, or other related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Three or more years of experience of experience working in health education in higher education.
- Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) or Certified in Public Health (CPH) preferred.
- The ability and willingness to work with a diverse population in individual, group and programmatic settings.
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends in a limited capacity as necessary.
Please include a cover letter for consideration.
WPI requires employees hired on or after July 14, 2021 to be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Director-of-the-Center-for-Well-being_R0001621
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.