University of Idaho
Senior Director, Development
University Advancement (Div)
Commensurate with experience and education
The senior director for development is responsible for fund raising for high priority, university level special projects. Working with the Vice President for Advancement and the Assistant Vice President for Development, the senior director helps to define fundraising priorities in support of the University of Idaho strategic plans and develops annual fundraising plans to achieve these goals. Specific responsibilities include management of assigned prospects with cultivation activities, face-to-face visits, proposal development, solicitation and stewardship of major and leadership gifts. The primary focus is fundraising major and leadership gifts ranging from $100,000 and above from individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations.
- Bachelors degree
- 7+ years experience in fundraising or related work experience such as high level sales, marketing, etc.
- 5+ years supervisory experience with direct reports, OR 5+ years recruiting, organizing and managing volunteers
- Experience working in an environment dependent on developing and maintaining positive relationships
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Masters degree
- Extensive major gift fundraising experience
- Record of securing major gifts
- Strong knowledge of development activities, preferably in higher education
- Experience in advancement
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Familiarity with database computer systems and applications, preferably with customer relationship management systems
- Public relations or marketing experience
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning
- Experience in grant writing
- Willingness to travel extensively and work odd hours and weekends
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the required qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For 1st consideration, please apply by March 16, 2020.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.