Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Marketing Lead (7552U), ASUC Student Union - 38476
University of California, Berkeley
Marketing Lead (7552U), ASUC Student Union - 38476
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
The ASUC Student Union is the campus "living room," offering everything from co-curricular opportunities to fun, creative activities. It serves all students and seeks to create an inclusive campus community, thereby enhancing the student experience at UC Berkeley. To this end, we provide quality services and programs that foster experiential learning opportunities and ensure a sustainable organization. We derive income from student fees, retail operations, vending, food service, and a variety of self-operated units such as the Berkeley Art Studio, Creative Lab, and Events Services. The Student Union is a department within the Division of Student Affairs and reports to the Dean of Students.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 15, 2022.
Marketing Project Management
- Coordinates activities including events and promotional materials and products designed to promote awareness of the ASUC Student Union and its programs to the general public.
- Coordinates design, production and distribution of publications and other promotional materials, including internet or web materials, press releases, advertisements, catalogs, brochures, flyers, signage, A / V presentations, displays, exhibits, etc.
- Establishes project parameters, materials, production schedules, and project costs.
- Administers the design and communication services work order system (currently Salesforce and Asana).
- Assigns and supervises project workflow.
- Responsible for ensuring that Marketing services are efficient and customer friendly.
- Analyzes order processing systems and develops recommendations to improve methods and procedures related to receipt, booking, and processing of customer orders.
- Ensures that all marketing collateral and branding, including print and digital media, are consistent throughout the ASUC Student Union and with external partners.
- Develops effective marketing reports to display findings to ASUC Student Union units, partners, and Division when needed.
Production and Maintenance
- Proofs and verifies graphic designers work for accuracy.
- Reviews all materials for spelling, punctuation, grammar, consistency, format and spacing.
- Performs pre-production checks and approves final copy before the commencement of printing production runs.
- Responsible for on-campus distribution of printed posters and banners for clients including maintenance of a-frames, banners, and other external signage.
- Coordinates and schedules printing and vendor services in the preparation of final products.
Collaboration and Client Contact
- Interfaces with staff who submit design and production requests.
- May work closely with staff from recreational Sports and the Career Center, along with other design related departments.
- Creates marketing campaigns for annual large scale events in coordination with campus units and sponsors, such as the Student Union Open House, Calapalooza, Cal Day, Caltopia, Golden Bear Orientation, Career Fairs, etc.
- Works with graphic designer in developing creative materials and collaborates with outside campus sponsors on development opportunities, including collateral logos and securing approval for all logo related content prior to events or campaigns.
- Represents Creative Lab through building relationships with the campus community, the public, and other University departments.
- Interfaces with appropriate campus entities to secure any needed permissions and to stay compliant with established posting policies.
- Researches and secures copyright and other legal clearances for publications, products, etc, keeping senior management informed as necessary.
- Researches and resolves problems.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with internal and external marketing professionals and vendors; e.g., artists, designers, photographers, mailing houses, postal service, list brokers, advertising representatives, media contacts, etc.
- Oversees Digital Media Specialist and Graphic Designer activities including promotional websites, social media, and email campaigns designed to promote awareness of the Student Union's portfolio of services, programs and products within the campus community and to the general public.
- Coordinates with Digital Media Specialist and Social Media Specialist on events posted to social media and other online outlets.
- Disseminates program materials through the media, internet and relevant institutional components.
- Appropriately follows all university and Student Union branding standards/guidelines.
- Thorough analytical and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing mediums and funding sources.
- Thorough knowledge of communication principles, media, and marketing techniques.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and political acumen skills.
- Strong skills in event and media activities management.
- Experience managing staff and supporting teams.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, graphic design, or other related field and/or equivalent training or experience.
- Thorough knowledge of and/or ability to learn the campus, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
- Thorough knowledge of and/or ability to learn the campus products and services.
Salary & Benefits
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week), career position, and eligible for full UC benefits.
- This is an exempt, monthly paid position. The annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $69,200.00 - $80,000.00.
- For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
This is a hybrid position, with 40% remote work eligibility.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=38476&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |