The Assistant Director for Research Development is directly responsible for identifying and developing research funding opportunities that align with university goals, have a multidisciplinary focus, and/or have a research-to application focus. The Assistant Director is also responsible for collaborating across the university to support the training of Principal Investigators in grantsmanship.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
Identify and disseminate funding opportunities
· Be the expert and steward of all available data source inputs on funding solicitations
· Monitor and track pending and existing funding solicitations.
· Provide reliable reporting of funding opportunities to colleges, departments, and individuals. Support proposal development
· Assist with writing non-technical portions of grant proposals.
· Assist in internal management process of solicitations with institutional submission caps.
· Support proposal management services for highly complex proposal development efforts; duties include facilitating team kickoff meeting; facilitated brainstorming to develop the overall vision, project goals, aims, and partners; collaborator identification support; red teaming and critical review.
Assist in grantsmanship training programs for researchers
· Support pilot programming for grantsmanship
· Help refine existing grantsmanship programs and help develop new offerings for researchers
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
1.Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics or a field related to the position and 4 years of grants and contracts experience
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics or a field related to the position and 5 years of grants and contracts experience
2. Professional work experience in identifying, tracking, and disseminating funding opportunities to support the research development process