Primary Purpose of Position
The Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the College of Engineering provides overall administrative leadership for academic matters; academic program development, approvals and evaluation; program quality; first year courses, enhanced-learning initiatives, accreditation matters, curricula modernization, faculty development; the assessment and evaluation of students, faculty, and programs for relevancy, competitiveness and success; and academic policy and procedure development, documentation, and implementation in the College.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The College of Engineering at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the College of Engineering.
North Carolina A & T State University is a public land grant university that enrolls over 12,700 students. The College of Engineering, with over 2100 students, has EAC ABET accredited undergraduate programs in Architectural, Bio, Biological, Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, and Mechanical Engineering, as well as a CAC ABET-accredited program Computer Science. The College also has 8 Masters of Science Degree programs, and 5 Doctoral programs.
Additional information about the College and the University can be found at www.ncat.edu/coe
- Earned doctorate in engineering or computer science discipline.
- Qualification for the rank of full professor
- At least five years’ experience in curriculum development, assessment, and/or forecasting.
- At least two years’ experience in educational administration experience at or above the level of program director, department chair, preferably in engineering or computer science.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with faculty, staff and students in academic and professional environments
- Commitment to diversity and innovative thought.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills
- Experience in writing, submitting, and attracting grant applications and in delivering on the work in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of the unique needs of students and faculty in engineering and computer science education programs
- Knowledge and experience with ABET accreditation expectations and processes
- Skillful in managing and completing numerous, complex tasks in a timely manner
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Involvement and interest in the academic success of diverse student populations
- Experience in evaluating programs, personnel, and students
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and partner with faculty
- Demonstrated experience in planning and conducting research and other scholarly activities
- Experience in developing, improving, and assessing academic programs
- Experience in supervising and inspiring personnel
- Ability to lead groups comprising representatives of diverse academic programs and skills.
- Experience with distance education, analyzing data, and using technology,