Auburn Athletics is seeking candidates for Director of Sports Psychology. Reporting to the Executive Associate Athletics Director – Student-Athlete Experience, SWA, this role provides assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, psychological counseling and other mental health services to department student-athletes and provides education and guidance to Athletics Department staff.
Formal AU Title: Psychologist – Athletics
The successful candidate is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
1. Provides psychological services as related to performance improvement of student-athletes, including services focused on injuries, rehabilitation, communication, team building, and career transition.
2. Conducts psychological assessments and formulates treatment plans in the assessment and diagnosis of student athletes; provides a variety of mental health education and services to Athletics Department staff and student-athletes.
3. Assesses and intervenes in crisis situations; conducts outreach referrals regarding mental health issues.
4. Documents, reports, and maintains confidential records in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
5. Presents educational seminars and classes to Athletics Department staff and student-athletes.
6. Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) regulations in the performance of job duties