In its commitment to maintaining a vibrant and diverse community including students from different countries, Stevens Institute of Technology invites applications for the position of Associate Director of International Admissions.
The Associate Director of International Admissions at Stevens Institute of Technology performs a wide variety of admissions related activities that attract international students and determines their admissibility to the university. This highly visible and critical role will regularly interact with upper level management and strategic partners. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, vibrant person who can effectively communicate with prospective students and interested parties across cultures to explain the college admission policies, procedures, and accurately answer questions. This position requires domestic and international travel to inform prospective students and guidance counselors of admission standards and policies, the programs of the university, and campus life. The Associate Director will report to the Dean of Admissions.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Develop and lead the implementation of a strategic recruitment plan and yield activities to enhance enrollment of international students.
- Build relationships with overseas counselors and international outposts that work with students interested in studying in the United States.
- Correspond with all international student inquires.
- Evaluate applications and recommend admissions decisions for international applicants.
- Work closely with the International Student Service Office to ensure proper processing of all immigration and I-20 documents. Partner with other campus constituencies who assist current international students.
- Monitor and recommend enhancements to the university websites and social media that provide information on the international student experience.
- Supervise international part-time workers and student ambassadors.
- Manage the budget for international recruitment and yield activities.
- Assist with the supervision of admissions staff supporting international recruitment.
- Conduct on-campus information sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to four years of international admissions and/or recruitment experience or similar demonstrated undergraduate admissions background and industry knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse constituents
- Experience traveling internationally or living abroad
- Experience working with diverse, multicultural populations
- Experience reading and reviewing foreign credentials
- High attention to customer service
- High level of cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to travel for extended periods.Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, and as necessary to assist with on campus events as well as recruiting duties off campus
- Valid driver’s license and U.S. passport
- Access to a dependable vehicle
- Fluency in a foreign language
- Masters degree
- Awareness of all federal regulations pertaining to the issuance of student visas and other procedures that ensure a successful transition to the United States.
Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation University®, is a premier, private research university situated in Hoboken, N.J. overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Founded in 1870, technological innovation has been the hallmark and legacy of Stevens’ education and research programs for more than 140 years. Within the university’s three schools and one college, more than 6,100 undergraduate and graduate students collaborate with more than 350 faculty members in an interdisciplinary, student-centric, entrepreneurial environment to advance the frontiers of science and leverage technology to confront global challenges. Stevens is home to three national research centers of excellence, as well as joint research programs focused on critical industries such as healthcare, energy, finance, defense, STEM education and coastal sustainability. The university is consistently ranked among the nation’s elite for return on investment for students, career services programs and mid-career salaries of alumni. Stevens is in the midst of a 10-year strategic plan, The Future. Ours to Create., designed to further extend the Stevens legacy to create a forward-looking and far-reaching institution with global impact.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.