Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Human Resources Partner (7596U), BEARS Region - 40702
University of California, Berkeley
Human Resources Partner (7596U), Bears Region- 40702
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
BEARS (Berkeley Educators and Administrators Regional Services) is not only the largest region, it supports the largest variety of personnel positions that make Berkeley such a fascinating place to work. The BEARS Region provides reliable, high-quality administrative support to faculty, academics, staff, student employees, and retirees in support of the UC Berkeley mission of teaching, research, and public service.
BEARS provides the following services:
- BEARS helps UC Berkeley Faculty and Principal Investigators (PIs) focus on their groundbreaking and world-class research efforts by providing customized administrative and management support for research proposals, grants, awards, and contracts throughout various steps in the life cycle.
HR and Academic Personnel Support
- The BEARS region provides administrative Human Resources and Academic Personnel Support (HR/APS) to the Berkeley campus, including support for hiring, appointments, separations, classifications and compensation, and performance management transactions. Our BEARS HR professionals strive to process status changes expediently.
- Human Resource Business Partners and Senior Human Resources Partners assist our campus clients with Employee and Labor Relations matters (in partnership with People & Culture), strategic planning and reorganizations, accommodations as required under ADA, performance management, layoffs, recruitments, and general management advice.
Purchasing and Reimbursements (P&R)
BEARS provides support to the UC Berkeley campus with Purchasing services as well as assistance with complex Travel and Entertainment (T&E) Reimbursements
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 8/19/2022
- Counsels department managers and supervisors on employee and labor policies, procedures, and appropriate practices regarding performance management, recruiting, on-boarding, compensation/classification, disability, training and other areas of HR.
- Responsible for diverse and complex client allocation.
- Manages recruitment cycle for a full range of staff or academic positions.
- Counsels employees concerning sensitive and difficult to resolve work-related problems.
- Conducts termination interviews, providing feedback to administration and academic unit management.
- Advises all levels of managers, supervisors, and employees in developing job descriptions; managing disability, leaves of absence and employee performance; interpreting and applying personnel policies and procedures.
- Works with client groups on complex re-organizations and staffing objectives to assist in meeting business objectives.
- Represents Shared Services Unit at department meetings upon request.
- Prioritizes work assignments, conducts complex HR trends analyses and develops resulting recommendations.
- Works to BRS and inclusive environment.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service in high volume, fast-paced, professional environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, labor relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources.
- In-depth knowledge of disability case management and proven ability to follow through and focus on resolving cases in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with diverse client groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to apply skills in a consultative way.
- Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, and timelines.
- Employing political & interpersonal acumen to analyze information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications
- Possesses strong analytical, active listening and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or 3 - 5 years combined experience education in human resources, organizational development, and/or training and development and/or equivalent training or experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or ability to learn UCPath and other related business software programs and systems.
- Knowledge of academic personnel or administration.
- Worked in and/or ability to learn how to work in a shared services environment especially in higher education field.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn campus initiatives relating to and/or impacting human resources and thorough understanding of how work may impact other areas.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $83,000 to $92,000.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. .
- This recruitment is for a 100% full-time, 40-hours per week appointments, eligible for full UC benefits.
- This is a remote-friendly position, eligible for 60% remote capability
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=40702&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |