Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director, Strategic Communications and Outreach
Old Dominion University
The Director of Strategic Communications and Outreach works closely with the Dean’s Leadership Team (Associate/Assistant Deans, Department Chairs, Center Directors, etc.) and the Executive Advisory Council to develop and implement broad management and strategic activities.
- Working knowledge of academic processes, educational programs, and organizational systems is essential.
- This position is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of strategic communications for the Joint School of Public Health (JSPH) located at Old Dominion University, Norfolk State University and Eastern Virginia Medical School
- This position requires ongoing coordination with similar roles and faculty, staff and students at each institution.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Considerable knowledge of marketing, public relations and communications principles/practices and strategies.
- Working knowledge of data collection, evaluation and reporting of program/plan effectiveness.
- Knowledge of and skill in using Microsoft Office and familiarity with design tools, e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Considerable skill in editing, grammar and writing persuasively.
- Considerable knowledge of social media avenues and technologies for current emerging trends in marketing and advertising.
- Comprehensive communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with clients of diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the completion of layout and design of all School publications.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, organize and accomplish tasks in priority order and keep several projects moving ahead simultaneously all with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of the Dean’s office team.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret guidelines, policies and procedures to fit changing situations.
- Considerable experience in developing and managing all aspects of effective communications and public relations plans, preferably for programs in higher education.
- Considerable experience in professional writing and editing, including for social media.
- Considerable experience at writing research press releases, as well as feature articles and news stories.
- Some experience with social media account management platforms (such as Hootsuite).
- Demonstrated ability to interact well and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders preferred.
- Some training or experience with public health and health communications.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |