Executive Director, Real Estate Foundation
Primary Purpose of Position
The Executive Director shall serve concurrently as the Manager of the LLC and serve as a non-voting member of all committees of the Board of Directors of the Real Estate Foundation. The Executive Director shall have day-to-day charge and management of the property, affairs and funds of the Foundation and have the power and authority to do and perform all acts and functions consistent with the by-laws of the Foundation and the policies, procedures, and duties as may be provided by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director shall work with the Board of Directors to develop and administer processes for strategic planning, management, partnerships, and community development and, with support from NC A&T State University (NCAT) shall interact with members of the University’s administration and boards and oversee communications related to the Real Estate Foundation. The Executive Director shall report to the Board of Directors and shall be responsible for administering the policies of the Real Estate Foundation as defined by its by-laws and mission and as promulgated by its Board of Directors. The Executive Director shall have the full responsibility of ensuring the proper administration of the Foundation, its budget, personnel, and its relationship with corporate entities, foundations, and other private sector sources of support for the operations of the Foundation.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
To foster the mission of the Real Estate Foundation which is to support North Carolina A&T State University’s quality environment of exemplary teaching and learning, scholarly and creative research, and effective community engagement and public service through the acquisition, ownership, transfer, development, and management of real estate or real estate-related projects
Cultivate and manage gifts of real estate on behalf of North Carolina A&T State University and its associated entities.
Acquire strategic real estate in support of the strategic plan and master capital plan of NCAT.
Sell, lease, develop or transfer real estate for the sole benefit of NCAT and its associated entities.
Manage a portfolio of real estate to provide a consistent revenue stream in support of NCAT and its associated entities
Manage and administer the funds and properties of the foundation in keeping with those provisions so stated in the organizational certificate of incorporation and bylaws.
Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with at least four years of professional foundations and corporate relations experience in higher education or another nonprofit environment.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
- Demonstrated success in leading all aspects of comprehensive economic development programs.
- Strong technology skills in Microsoft Office and other transferable computer skills.
- High quality interpersonal skills with the ability to initiate and build relationships with City/State governmental officials, community leaders and business leaders as potential partners for economic development projects.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
- Real Estate operations skills in the areas of real estate development, property management and asset management
- Knowledge of alternate sources of real estate financing including tax-exempt bonds, NMTC, OZ, CDBG, etc.
Required License or Certification