Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology solutions in support of Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, innovation, and sustainability. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community. We promote a collaborative, flexible work environment, embrace diversity and inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. Learn more about TTS on our website.
What You'll Do
The Associate Director of Identity and Access Management (IAM) leads a team of Systems Engineers, Application Developers, and Systems Administrators responsible for the development, implementation, and support of our identity management program. This senior role requires a strategic-thinker that will maintain a sustainable ecosystem of identity-related assets, in order to provide a frictionless digital experience for our community.
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• 8+ years of progressive management experience
• A forward-thinking conceptual and practical understanding of IAM
• Experience supporting large-scale IAM systems
• Ability to thrive in a rapid-paced environment and love new challenges, blending big
picture with attention to detail
• Experience with technologies that support identity management, authentication and
authorization including LDAP, SSO, Account Provisioning, SAML, OAuth, etc.
• Strong organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail skills are a vital part to the
overall success of this position.
• Ability to manage and set goals for team and ensure goals are met and performance management issues are addressed. Ability to effectively coach, guide, and mentor technical staff.
• Experience with design thinking and other human centered design methodologies
• Expert knowledge of information management, and campus / medical center / OP business processes and strategic goals.
• Skills in web software, web software language and object-oriented software concepts.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
• Familiarity with the InCommon Trusted Access Platform, specifically Shibboleth and Grouper.
• Familiarity with cloud-based identity platforms, for example Azure AD
• Experience in higher education environment
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related STEM field.