Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
Position TitleAssistant Director of Alumni Engagement
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by supporting all aspects of alumni engagement and serving as a catalyst to inspire alumni charitable giving to Marian. Reporting to the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement, the Assistant Director will assist in establishing, developing, and maintaining relationships with alumni to lead to increased engagement, as defined by the “Six T’s”.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Prioritize engagement as defined by the “Six Ts”: time, talent, treasure, ties, testimony, and trust; work to ensure at least 20 percent of Marian’s alumni are engaged in one of these capacities annually.
- Manage alumni communications with omni-channel presence including:
o Social media channels
o Monthly email newsletters/updates
o University magazine content
o The 12 Twenty platform for alumni by keeping content updated and fresh and encouraging community building among alumni users
o Alumni website (marian.edu/alumni)
o Alumni LinkedIn group
- Assist in growing the engagement of alumni with concentration on reunion classes, young alumni, alumni faculty/staff members, and alumni parents of current students.
- With the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement, participate in the management of affinity alumni groups as a part of the MUAA.
- With the Manager of Advancement Events, execute plans for alumni events.
· In collaboration with the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement, continue recruitment and engagement efforts for the GOLD board of directors and young alumni community.
- Provide planning and day-of support for events designed to promote engagement of alumni.
- Provide day-of support to events coordinated by the Office of Institutional Advancement as requested (Gala, Clayton Family Circle of Honor, President’s Appreciation Dinner, Scholarship Reception, golf outing, home athletic competitions, Homecoming, Family Weekend, etc.).
- Build relationships with current students to build understanding around alumni engagement, this includes managing the Office of Institutional Advancement intern program and other student alumni efforts.
- Participate in all necessary/required university events.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Two to five years of related work experience, preferably in higher education.
- Commit to collegiality and collaborative decision-making.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills using verbal, written, and electronic mediums.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, often with limited direction.
- Willingness to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with competing priorities.
- Be highly detail oriented and have an effective skillset in Microsoft Office programs.
- Exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards for maintaining confidential information.
- Understand that events and activities outside of work hours—including some nights and weekends—are necessary to perform the duties of this job satisfactorily.
It will require a cover letter, a resume and three references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |