The School of Business at Stevens Institute of Technology invites applications for a Corporate Outreach Manager. The Corporate Outreach Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Corporate Outreach and Professional Advancement (COPA) office in the School of Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Outreach Manager (COM) in the School of Business will report to the Assistant Director of Outreach and Professional Advancement. The COM will develop and execute placement strategies for both undergraduate and graduate programs in the School of Business in collaboration with the Stevens Career Center. The COM will foster and expand existing recruiting partnerships with industry and identify opportunities for new corporate partnerships.
A successful candidate in this position must have a strong work ethic, problem solving skills, and attention to detail. This individual will work in collaboration with many student centric groups on campus and must have the ability to work on a team and function independently. This position requires the candidate to be on campus 4-5 days a week.
*Key Job Responsibilities and Duties: *
- Work with the Assistant Director of Outreach and Professional Advancement to develop coherent placement strategies and execute across the undergraduate and graduate programs in partnership with the Career Center
- Expand existing recruiting partnerships with industry and identify opportunities for new relationships. This includes, but not limited to, management of corporate meetings, follow up tasks, communications to students, internal departments and external organizations.
- Stay apprised of industry hiring trends and frequently source internship and full-time positions relevant to business students
- Manage and enhance communications to students about job related events and opportunities
- Assist in various event planning activities that may occur on and off campus, such as recruitment events and meetings with employers and relevant vendors
- Teach a Business Career Seminar to undergraduate students
- Host weekly office hours to assist students with the career development process
- Act as a backup to the Assistant Director as appropriate and assigned
*Qualifications / Requirements: *
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, counseling, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in recruitment related activities either in industry or in higher education
- Previous experience with teaching, leading workshops or conducting training preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse constituents
- Must have experience with graduate students and international students
- Must have high attention to detail, customer service, an analytical demeanor and mindset
- Ability to work on a team and individually as well as partner with internal and external constituents
- Strong written and oral communication skills across all channels including emails, marketing materials, reporting, and presentations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products especially Excel and PowerPoint; preferred knowledge of Handshake, 12Twenty, and Workday
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Must possess maturity, good judgment, business savviness and discretion
Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Stevens Institute of Technology appreciates all applications but can only respond to qualified candidates.
The School of Business at Stevens values diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students of all races and genders. Stevens is an NSF ADVANCE institution committed to equitable practices and policies. We strongly encourage qualified women and minority candidates to apply.
Outreach and Professional Advancement
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact mailto: Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police