Manager of Building Controls and Maintenance
Trades & Operations
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Ensures proper operation, maintenance, reliability, safety, regulatory compliance and efficiency for building management systems and equipment. Supervises, directs, and coordinates staff and contractors engaged in Building Maintenance and Trades. Assists with the development of long-range plans, budgets and programs for the effective stewardship of campus buildings and facilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- BUILDING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (BMS):
Provides expert level administration of campus BMS and Energy Management Systems (EMS).Ensures integrity and optimum functionality of BMS and EMS systems.Optimizes building controls with the goal of reliability, efficiency, and energy management.Designs and implements BMS upgrades and expansion.Schedules building controls and coordinates demand response events.
Directly supervises employees in Mechanical Trades and contracted services. Provides leadership and daily oversight of union trades staff, including monitoring performance, compliance, encouragement, recognition, professional training and development, and progressive discipline, if needed. Regularly inspects and evaluates physical condition and operation of the facilities, productivity of staff, and quality of work. Optimizes the size and makeup of work crews, balancing in-house and contracted labor. Prioritizes and assigns tasks and work orders; inspects and monitors for completion and closes out. Maintains a positive attitude, is proactive and productive in problem solving, and exhibits exemplary attributes for teamwork, mutual respect, and support.
Manages projects in support of BMS, HVAC, and other building projects.Manages vendor contracts and timelines associated with BMS and campus infrastructure projects.
Responsible for Emergency, Planned, and Routine maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment, and systems. Provides technical expertise, assists staff in diagnosing systems and equipment malfunctions, and assists staff in problem-solving. Prioritizes, schedules, issues, and assigns work orders, duties, and tasks.
Develops, implements, and maintains an effective preventive maintenance program, minimizing life-cycle costs, optimizing resource allocation, and maximizing reliability and service.
- FACILITIES WORK ORDER SOFTWARE:
Utilizes CMMS system, currently SchoolDude, as a work management tool, utilizing the system for work orders, preventive maintenance, quality assurance, and customer service. Improves the maintenance work process to ensure optimal use of resources.
Analyzes processes and identifies opportunities for improvement and application of best practices from the industry. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency. Assists in developing and implementing departmental policies and standard operating procedures. Adheres to all departmental and university practices, policies, and procedures. Approves employee time sheets.
Communicates daily with key customers at all levels about work progress, potential delays, and solicits feedback. Provides operational oversight with an emphasis in directing change and improvement in practices and performance standards. Communicates daily with the Facilities Customer Service office staff with follow up on work orders, especially in the case of impairments.
- PURCHASING, BUDGET & FINANCE:
Procures and manages materials, tools, equipment and supplies, reviews and approves items ordered by staff, and ensures appropriate supply of stock and spare parts. Works with Procurement Services to maximize savings and utilize best practices. Responsible for monitoring and managing maintenance budgets, assists in establishing cycles for reoccurring operational needs and in preparing annual Maintenance budgets.
Coordinates safety training and inspections with Environmental Health & Safety office. Ensures all health and safety policies, procedures, and programs are being followed to provide a safe and healthy work environment. Ensures safety and instructional training on the proper use of supplies and equipment, as well as methods and work practices. Reports any unsafe conditions or equipment, or damage/vandalism. Identifies and assesses risks associated with maintenance operations. Maintains continual readiness for inspections by various agencies - fire, health, DEP, EPA, etc.
Participates as one of several after-hours on-call managers, overseeing all facilities areas, and assigned to a period for 24/7 ability to respond, on a rotating cycle, as well as an on-going need to respond in emergencies, weather-related, and special events. Provides and oversees emergency response as needed and according to departmental protocol. May perform activities of workers supervised in emergency or special circumstances.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change based upon the University needs and demands.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- 6 to 10 years of progressive hands-on or supervisory experience in trades and operations;
- Technical licensure or advanced certifications required - HVAC, Electrical, or BMS controls preferred. Associated degree or Bachelor's degree in facilities management or similar background preferred.
- Expert in HVAC controls, high and low voltage systems, fire alarm systems, energy management systems, metering devices, and related experience.
- Knowledge of building systems, construction, operation, safe work practices, and maintenance.
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and utilize personal vehicle to travel on and off campus as required. Technical licensure or certification desirable in HVAC or electrical trades.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have BMS expertise with a minimum of 5 years' experience in BMS systems of comparable size and complexity. Experience in programing BMS logic.
- Must understand HVAC systems, read blue prints, and be experienced in energy management.
- Must be proficient in word-processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail, and Internet applications.
- Able to provide excellent customer service to a diverse campus community.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a broad spectrum of customers.
- Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic, able to think and work well independently, and have sound judgment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, teamwork, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Good judgment necessary for assuring safe work practices.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Manager-of-Building-Controls-and-Maintenance_R0000656
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.