The Office of Professional and Career Development in the Harbert College of Business at Auburn University is seeking an Assistant Director of Career Coaching. This position oversees all career coaching activities and provides guidance to the mentorship programs.
The major responsibilities of this position are:
1) Provides individual and group career coaching/career development opportunities for students and/or alumni to assist in making career decisions, career artifacts, career readiness, and job/internship plans and searches to ensure successful employer engagement.
2) Collaborates with the director on vision and execution of all career coaching, related student focused activities, teaching assignments, training, and assessment.
3) Collaborates with director on the vision and design of a career coaching program and leads execution and delivery.
4) Supervises mentorship programs, career coaching staff support, and promotes the programs to students, alumni, and College partners.
5) Participates in assessment and strategic planning with emphasis on student learning outcomes and supporting the mission of the College and the university. Develops surveys and other data collection tools in support of this activity.
6) Instructs or assists in teaching professional development courses offered by the department.
7) May manage hiring, training, and coordination of duties of all coaching and ancillary staff involved in providing career coaching services (e.g., career exploration, career management education, career management preparation, job/internship search, etc.) to students and alumni, including scheduling walk-in hours and student populations assignments. Provides leadership in setting and enforcing coaching policies and standards. Contributes to annual performance reviews and employee management responsibilities. Collaborates with team on program development and