Auburn University Athletics seeks candidates for the position of Athletics Marketing & Fan Engagement. The individual selected should be an organized, analytical, detail-oriented, digital marketer. The Assistant Director of Marketing & Fan Engagement will assist in the creation, execution and evaluation of email communications and marketing campaigns in collaboration with Auburn University Athletics Marketing & Fan Engagement, Ticket Office & Tigers Unlimited Foundation. This position reports directly to the Assistant Athletics Director of Marketing & Fan Engagement.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
The official AU job title: Specialist, Athletics Marketing
1. Prior experience / skillset with email and digital marketing strategies at the professional and or collegiate athletics level is a requirement.
2. Work closely with internal stakeholders (Ticket Office, Ticket Sales, Tigers Unlimited, Graphic Design, IT, Data Architect) to advise on best practices, strategy data and 1:1 fan engagement segments.
3. Develop and maintain a comprehensive email communications calendar.
4. Create and send marketing emails that aligns with overall strategy and communications timeline.
5. Working knowledge of third-party marketing/sales technology (Oracle Eloqua, Salesforce, SSB, Google Analytics).
6. Proactively schedule and maintain digital advertising schedule that aligns with overall Marketing Campaigns within the Ticket Office/TUF/Tigers Unlimited timeline.
7. Evaluate, report, and analyze on ROI performance of email/digital marketing communications.
8. Remain current on e-mail & digital marketing best practices including contact strategies, data capture and campaign analysis, and deliverability.
9. Assist in the planning and game day execution of home athletic events in support of the marketing & fan engagement/external team goal of maintaining the best fan experience in the SEC.
10. Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) regulations in the performance of job duties.
May be responsible for training, assisting, or assigning tasks to others, including graduate and undergraduate student employees. May provide input to performance reviews of other employees.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned like the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all the duties may be assigned to a position.