University of Idaho
Marketing and Communications Manager, University Communications & Marketing & WWAMI
University Communications & Marketing
$49,506 or higher depending on experience
Working with University Communications and Marketing (UCM) and the WWAMI Medical Education Program, the Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM) is in charge of key internal and external communication tools for UCM and WWAMI. As the primary communications representative for these units, the MCM is the chief content strategist for their area(s). The MCM will advance the reputation of these units through purposeful creative and messaging that is tied to the university's brand and messaging as well as the strategic initiatives of the unit. The MCM provides marketing and communications leadership in a variety of areas, including alumni relations, enrollment, advancement, web content, social media, media and public relations, special events, and publications.
In coordination with unit leadership, the MCM writes and edits a variety of materials in electronic and print format, including unit magazines or newsletters, web content, recruitment materials, social media postings, brochures, fact sheets and posters, scripts and talking points, direct marketing and digital advertising, promotional articles and news releases; collaborates in special event planning; and oversees the work of designers, photographers, videographers, and freelance writers. The MCM works collaboratively with the web team. The MCM collaborates with the University Communications and Marketing team to coordinate content and relay information to and from the supported unit.
About WWAMI: WWAMI is a partnership of the University of Washington School of Medicine and Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho. As Idaho's publicly funded medical school, Idaho WWAMI has trained more than 740 physicians since 1972. In addition, WWAMI-affiliated faculty at UI has successfully brought millions of research funding into Idaho through programs such as Idaho Project.
ECHO, which is a learning and guided practice model that revolutionizes medical education and exponentially increased workforce capacity to provide best-practice specialty care and reduce health disparities.
- Bachelors degree and three years of related professional experience, or a combination of education and related experience totaling 7 years.
- Experience writing, editing and presenting.
- Experience implementing marketing principles.
- Experience with project management and managing multiple projects at any given time.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration and working with internal and external constituents.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience planning and executing marketing plans and initiatives to achieve organizational goals.
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing or public relations or a related field.
- Working knowledge of web design principles, printing processes, graphics formats, and effective design and photography principles.
- Experience working with advancement and development professionals, including writing proposals for solicitation.
- Experience producing and editing informational and marketing collateral.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical or specialized information for public use and understanding.
- Social Media strategy and content creation.
- Experience in a variety of writing styles and mediums (press release, feature writing, social posts, case statements, web content).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the minimum qualifications.
Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.