Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Research Infrastructure Support
The Office of the Vice Provost of Research (OVPR) supports and seeks to grow Tufts’ research enterprise. The Office provides the key services necessary to deliver exceptional results in research. The OVPR works in collaboration with leadership, faculty, staff and students to commence strategic initiatives to advance the research and scholarship enterprise at Tufts, all the while protecting the University’s interests and ensuring Tufts is in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
What You'll Do
The Director of Research Infrastructure Support reports to the Senior Associate Vice Provost for Research, Strategy & Operations, and serves as a centralized lead for research infrastructure planning and strategic support, working across campus to maximize scientific output and operational efficiencies within Tufts research infrastructure and core facilities. This position provides leadership and guidance on the enhancement of strategic, administrative, operational, and marketing activities of Tufts core facilities and broader research infrastructure.
- Leads strategic planning for Tufts research infrastructure with regards to core facility and broad use instrumentation capabilities, focused on maximizing usage capacity, forecasting equipment maintenance and technology refresh needs
- Coordinates with core facility management to establish and operationalize the appropriate and necessary research infrastructure to advance the institutions research mission and to facilitate productive and sustainable research activities and external engagement
- Oversees and directs the day-to-day provision of operational and user support of centralized core facilities, ensuring optimal customer satisfaction, adherence to relevant funding agency provisions, and compliance with all relevant regulations, guidelines, policies, and standards
- Oversees installation of new equipment and maintenance/vendor relations for equipment service, negotiate service contracts, and troubleshoot/repair equipment not under service contract. Identify and decommission out of date equipment and technology
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for identifying, processing, and administering user proposals; develops comprehensive systems for capturing appropriate tracking data
- Provides guidance and useful tools for core facility short-term goals and objectives, long-range strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; allowing leaders across Tufts to monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness, and to facilitate changes required for improvement
- Manages core facility communications, including website, social media, client feedback and print media. Conduct tours, demonstrations, and instructional workshops
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of unit staff
- Leads and/or assists in preparation and writing of grant and budget proposals. Prepare written and oral reports to other units, and support agencies. Collaborate on relevant grant opportunities for core operating support, infrastructure expansion/sustainment and scientific instrument purchases
- Presents core services and research findings at seminars and conferences
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience as typically acquired through completion of a Doctoral degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of progressively responsible related research experience
- Advanced experience developing budgets that are compliant with Federal Cost Accounting principles
- Experience in business strategy and operations and in developing business models/marketing services to both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships among stakeholders in university, industry, government and/or the non-profit sector
- Excellent technical and interpersonal communication skills and comfortable with public speaking
- Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to build transdisciplinary teams
- Strong documentation skills to assist in writing proposals, comprehensive reports for clients and collaboration for scientific projects
- Experienced technical writer
- Knowledge of website development and marketing opportunities
- Knowledge of and experience with financial auditing for research related operations/programs
- Understanding of scholarly output including maximizing funded research
- Experience working with information systems and programs
- Experienced working within a technology focused environment
Minimum $136,200.00, Midpoint $170,250.00, Maximum $204,300.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |