This position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic fundraising professional who is eager to participate in the evolution of the fundraising programs at the University at Buffalo. The Director will join a team of professionals who are focused on ensuring sustainable philanthropic growth commensurate with the needs of the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences by engaging alumni and friends, soliciting prospects and stewarding donors in a professional and collaborative manner.
The Director’s primary responsibility is to identify and engage major gift prospects and donors capable of making gifts of $100,000-$999,999, including individuals in early stage cultivation and/or with whom the university has little to no relationship, in support of the clinical, research and education missions of the school.
As prospects with the capacity and inclination to make principal gifts are identified, the Director also may cultivate, solicit and steward these potential donors in collaboration with the Executive Director of Advancement for the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, and other university advancement officers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years of fundraising experience, including program planning and personal solicitation; excellent written and oral communication skills; negotiation skills; proven success in goal achievement for operating, capital, and endowment fund development; ability to deal with complex concepts and ambiguity.
- A progressive track record in hospital and/or academic health sciences center major gift fundraising. Successful fundraising experience with physicians and physician faculty is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration and leading collaboration. The ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with other team members and in managing multiple highly visible projects and priorities.
- Excellent and mature judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen and interact effectively with donors and high-level volunteers.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including local and regional visits, and work evenings and occasional weekends.
Contact’s Name Judy Mackey
Contact’s Title Associate Director of Human Resources
Contact’s Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact’s Phone 716-645-1526