Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
University of San Francisco
The Assistant Law Registrar will assist with the management of the Law Registrar's Office, the successful candidate will report directly to the Law Registrar and will have broad responsibility in the day to day and long term operation of the office. The person filling this position routinely collaborates with management and staff across the school and university administrative offices.
Full Job Description:
- Assist students, faculty, administrators, alumni, outside agencies, and the general public with a variety of inquiries regarding academic and administrative rules and procedures.
- Oversee final examinations. This includes supervising the hiring, training, and scheduling exam proctors, supervising the preparation of the examination packets, the printing of exams taken on computers, the sorting of completed exams, and distributing completed exams to faculty. In addition, the Assistant Registrar supervises the collection of exam information from faculty and the duplication of exams.
- Build exam files and imports the information into the ExamSoft (testing software) website so that students can take their exams on computers. Send detailed information to all students at the School of Law regarding the exam software and taking exams on computers.
- Schedule the individual examinations for students receiving exam accommodations. This requires coordination with the University's Office of Student Disability Services. The Assistant Registrar also advises students receiving accommodations of examination policies and procedures related to taking an accommodated exam.
- Manage grade collection, compliance, and entry. Collect exam/grading data from each faculty member and direct the creation and distribution of the appropriate grade roster and grading guidelines for each course. Weight and combine scores in anonymously graded courses so that professors may complete final grading. Check all submitted grades for compliance with grading curves and work with faculty to resolve any issues. Enter all grades for all courses in Banner.
- Under the direction of the Registrar, plan and manage the course registration process. Supervise the input of the course schedule into the student registration system (Banner). Assist with the preparation of registration materials for posting on the law school website. Create, maintain, and post each semester's course schedule addendum update it as necessary. Create the priority registration statement and code reserved seats as necessary.
- Create and maintain the booklist for the school of law. Collect required/recommended textbook information from faculty, send information to the bookstore, resolve any questions regarding out of print or newer editions of texts, and post the booklist for students.
- Oversee end of year class level changes for students including tracking JD/MBA applicants and approving/notifying students who apply to transfer divisions. Serve as liaison between students and the School of Management for students pursuing the concurrent JD/MBA degrees.
- Work with disqualified students who are seeking readmission to the law school through the reexamination process create and mail Petition for Re examinations, place reexaminees in courses and notify professors of re examinees/repeaters in their courses.
- Assist the Registrar in managing the degree awarding and bar certification process. This includes the coordinating, preparation, and mailing of degree audits to students, the evaluation of student records to determine if degree requirements have been met, the awarding of degrees, the management of the certification of eligibility to sit for state bar examinations, and the management of the ordering and distribution of diplomas. Assist in determining semester/academic year/graduation honors.
- Ensure that students, faculty, and staff receive timely, accurate information and excellent customer service when registering for classes, obtaining transcripts, and graduation processing.
- Supervise staff on a variety of projects.
- Oversee the hiring and supervising of student workers.
- Responsible for long term projects as assigned.
- Represent the Law Registrar's Office on University committees, at graduation(s), and orientation.
- Must have impeccable attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Assist with software implementation and Banner upgrade testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Minimum required qualifications include a bachelor's degree.
- Three years of experience working in an administrative capacity within higher education, or three years of supervisory experience.
- Two years of registrar/records/examination experience in an educational setting, is preferred. Two years of experience working at a law school is preferred.
- Experience with the application of student information systems (i.e. Ellucian Banner) is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, communication, and customer service skills.
- Strong computer application skills: proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and implement multiple projects at once.
- Ability to plan, organize and work independently.
- Ability to analyze administrative, organizational and personnel management problems to reach practical and logical conclusions and to put effective changes into practice.
- Ability to respond positively to changing or challenging situations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, cooperative and harmonious working relationships in circumstances which may involve the denial of requests or the necessity to persuade others to accept a different point of view.
- Ability to work productively without supervision.
- Ability to delegate work, and monitor the progress of staff projects to ensure accurate and timely completion.
- Demonstrated comfort and adaptability to new technology ability to learn and use new databases and software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful.
- Ability to proactively communicate office project updates and completion, timelines, and office needs with the Registrar.
- Experience with or ability to work with a diverse student body, faculty and staff.
This is an exempt position ineligible for overtime compensation. Normal work
hours are MondayFriday, 8:30am5:00pm and one day a week (TBD) from
10:30am-7:00pm to cover evening hours. Extended hours are required during registration periods. Extended hours, including Saturdays, are required during final exam periods and graduation. The office has a fast pace. This position is required to lift up to 25 pounds.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Assistant-Registrar_R0003328.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |