The Director of Finance and Operations in the College of Education is responsible for the development and implementation of the college budget, financial and productivity data analysis, budget modeling and reporting. The director will work closely with college leadership to perform data collection and analyses to support college functions and make projections that may influence the college’s effectiveness and strategic direction and directly handle and/or provide leadership in the resolution of complex managerial problems.
Duties and Responsibilities (generally)
The director will report to the Associate Dean for Research, Resources and Innovation of the College of Education and interact closely with the Dean, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Department Chairs. This position will provide direct and/or indirect supervision of professional level accounting and support staff while supervising the college Senior Business Manager.
Minimum Required Qualifications for this position
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a field related to the position.
Two (2) years of professional business, financial, and/or managerial work experience.
Specialty Factors (Additional Required Qualifications)
Education and Experience Preferred
- Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Designation as Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Demonstrated ability to work with a large management team on policy-related issues as well as accountants, administrative assistants, and other personnel on day-to-day implementation issues.
- Work experience in accounting beyond the university setting, ideally in a business or production environment.
- Ability to plan strategically.
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.
- Excellent writing and visual communication experience.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with proven ability to strategize, prioritize, and manage projects.
- Experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of audiences on financial and accounting matters.