Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from all under-represented groups and are focused on inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer.
Simmons University is looking for an Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Assistant Director) to join the Office of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director will provide financial aid counseling to students and families for federal, state, and institutional programs in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations. Responsible for providing superb customer service consistent with the Simmons value of being student centered in all of our functions, the Assistant Directors will have a high level of contact with students and families as well as being responsible for file review, awarding, program administration and participating in recruitment activities.
The ideal candidate will maintain a strong customer focus, foster mutual respect, support Simmons University's commitment to diversity, practice and promote teamwork, perform independently, maintain confidentiality, adhere to high standards of personal conduct and maintain and enhance professional/job competency. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, we seek candidates who embody these values and who have proven experience successfully working with individuals across a broad range of identities and perspectives.
About the Office:
The mission of The Office of Financial Aid is to support students pursuing a Simmons education through financing, financial education, and exceptional customer service. The office is responsible for serving both our graduate and undergraduate populations. Our core values are:
- We are at our best when students are first
- We educate students on their financing options
- We empower students to make financing decisions that work best for them
- Counsel students and parents regarding financing an education at the University, advising students and parents about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, available financial aid programs, costs and financial management strategies including loans, financing options, and other financial-aid related matters;
- Manage a student caseload and reviews student applications for accuracy to determine financial need and award aid in accordance with applicable federal, state, and University regulations;
- Analyze various reports to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal, state and institutional guidelines; notify students of changes in their awards and offers alternatives, if applicable;
- Administer and reconcile at least one aid program, or special caseload, as well as act as a back-up for at least one other program;
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with other University departments including, but not limited to, Student Accounts, Admissions, Registrar and Student Life;
- Receive, review, and process incoming student documents including student and parent confidential tax and income information, for accuracy and completion;
- Participate in various recruitment and retention activities (new student orientations, Admitted Student Days, Open house, etc.) on an as-needed basis;
- Stay current with changing regulations and maintaining compliance with all regulations impacting financial aid;
- Assist with other projects and initiatives that may be assigned.
Required Application Materials:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum two years work experience in a Financial Aid office having solid knowledge of federal and state financial regulation principles is strongly preferred;
- Ability to perform complex calculations; analyze situations accurately, be able to solve problems and offer solutions in order to adopt an effective course of action;
- Experience with Powerfaids, Workday, and Ellucian's Colleague is preferred but not required;
- Demonstrated ability to clearly interpret, apply and convey rules, regulations, policies and procedures while maintaining a high level of professional courtesy;
- Experience providing excellent customer service to a diverse constituency while maintaining successful performance in a high-volume, fast pace, and confidential service environment;
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA regulations;
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to use sound judgment for decision-making;
- Team and service-oriented and able to effectively manage time;
- Ability to work and/or travel some nights, weekends, and/or other times during peak season.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Director-of-Financial-Aid_R06615-1
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |