The Office of Graduate Admissions supports the enrollment objectives of the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering at Tufts University. Graduate Admissions supports the Deans of each school, and members of the faculty, on the coordination of all aspects of graduate student recruitment, application processing, and marketing and communications. Graduate Admissions processes more than 5,000 applications annually to 30+ departments across 70+ programs for fall and spring semester entry to Tufts University.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid position expected to be on campus multiple days each week. The role also requires work outside of normal business hours on evenings and weekends for specific scheduled events.
Reporting to the Director of Graduate Admissions, the Assistant Director plays a critical role in the operations of Graduate Admissions. Primary responsibilities include learning about and representing departments and certificate program to prospective applicants in in-person and virtual formats on- and off-campus, assisting the Director with data analysis and implementation of strategic recruitment and enrollment initiatives, communicating with graduate faculty and relevant staff members across the university, and supporting the processing of applications to the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering. In addition, the Assistant Director will liaise with the Information Technology team responsible for managing Slate software, contributing to the office’s technical processes.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and skills as typically acquired by a Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of directly related professional experience in admissions, recruitment, and/or education fields
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to multitask, assess priorities, and work as a member of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a collaborative orientation
- Outstanding written and public speaking communication skills
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of Slate Technolutions software
- Experience working with graduate students
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This position requires some travel.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.