Auburn Athletics is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Director of Communications. This role will assist in the oversight of strategic, public relations, and sports information functions within the Athletic Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Assists in directing strategic communications, public relations and publicity for sports programs as assigned.
2. As communications contact for assigned sports, duties will include, but not limited to: writing press releases, arranging interviews for players and coaches with media, managing all information on AuburnTigers.com
, active engagement on all social media platforms and historical archiving.
3. Work closely with local and national media to help promote assigned programs.
4. Travels with teams to act as press liaison.
5. Handles all award nominations and promotions of student-athletes, coaches and teams for awards.
6. May assist with coordination and/or promotion of special events.
7. Complies with all applicable National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA
) and Southeastern Conference (SEC
) regulations in the performance of job duties.
8. All other duties as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director for Communications.
Entry into the candidate pool requires a bachelors degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or related field with experience in public relations, media relations, and/or communications services. Employer will accept advance degree’s in lieu of experience.
The official AU title for this job is: Specialist, Athletic Media Relations. The final candidate will be assigned to level I/II/III based on education and experience.