Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director Alumni Engagement (6299U), Berkeley Law
University of California Berkeley
Associate Director Alumni Engagement (6299U), Berkeley Law
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at: http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: January 31, 2020
UC Berkeley's School of Law is one of the nation's great centers for legal education, ever exploring and pushing new intellectual boundaries while tackling urgent, real-world issues. The law school is also known for its vibrant and engaged community of students and scholars who are committed to providing leadership and making a difference on problems of local, national and global import. Currently ranked among the top law schools in the country, the School of Law has ambitious development goals as it looks to continue producing leaders in law, government, and society.
The law school's Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) department focuses on securing philanthropic support to meet the school's financial objectives and alumni outreach efforts. The mission of the Alumni team is to build and sustain a vibrant and engaged community that enriches the personal and professional lives of its graduates and advances the law school's mission and strategic initiatives.
The Associate Director of Alumni Engagements works collaboratively with other members of DAR to create and execute high-level alumni programming based on best-in-practice tactics and constituencies data analysis. Tasks undertaken by this staff member include event production, alumni volunteer recruitment and engagement, expansion of the digital alumni network, production of alumni marketing materials, and constituent data management.
- Develops and implements programs, events and/or communication strategies designed to inform internal and external constituencies of institutional programs, activities, policies, and practices; constituencies may include the general public, prospective students, current students, alumni, parents, donors, campus visitors, government and/or community representatives. This position will serve as the project leader for Alumni Reunion Weekend (ARW), one of the major outreach events for Berkeley Law. Working collaboratively with colleagues, the incumbent will map out the master schedule for ARW; help to recruit class volunteers and program speakers; assist with the production of marketing materials; manage the ARW budget; secure event vendors and ensure that all purchase orders and reimbursement requests comply with university policies.
- May research various topics and gather relevant data to inform unit strategic plans, keeping management informed as necessary and providing input as required. Gathers and evaluates event mailings and attendance to inform program planning.
- Assists with additional event and outreach programming, including the Berkeley Alumni in Residence program, as well as domestic and international alumni chapter programs.
- Oversees successful implementation of the California State Bar Swearing In Ceremony.
- Accurately records alumni mailings and event attendance in the university's alumni/donor database (CADS) in a timely manner. Updates individual alumni records as necessary.
- Responds to constituent inquiries. Provides excellent constituent assistance, including helping alumni to update contact information, access benefits, etc.
- May mentor less experienced staff members.
- Thorough knowledge of basic concepts, principles, and procedures of building and maintaining effective relations with internal and external constituencies.
- Thorough knowledge of UC Berkeley and the School of Law, and its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure and/or the ability to quickly develop an understanding.
- Thorough written, verbal and interpersonal communications, tact and political acumen to effectively represent Berkeley Law and the University.
- Thorough research, analytical and critical thinking skills, including sound judgment and decision-making skills and skill to correctly identifying real and potential problems, advising management as required, and proposing effective strategic resolutions.
- Skill in project management, including event planning and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer-service skills.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new systems.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Travel and occasional work on nights and weekends required.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing successful alumni relations programs or demonstrated experience in event production, fundraising, association/relationship management, or marketing. The interest and aptitude to quickly master alumni relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of university policies and procedures relating to alumni programming, data management, procurement and expense reimbursement, etc or the ability to learn.
- Expert use of Microsoft Word, and Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency with Constant Contact, event software, Google Docs and the University's constituents data system (CADS); good web-based research skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with very close attention to detail.
- Experience managing, supporting and reporting on complex projects and events.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area, such as Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, is preferred, and/or equivalent experience/training. Five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience otherwise preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $68,670.00 - $76,300.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=4980&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |