Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Associate Director, Annual Giving
University of San Francisco
Associate Director, Annual Giving
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Annual Giving will create, plan, and implement donor strategies for all on-line and direct mail efforts. The Associate Director will share responsibility for growing a robust pipeline of donors from participation donors to mid-level donors to major gift donors.
Full Job Description:
- Plan, develop, implement and monitor comprehensive and integrated direct marketing solicitation strategies to secure donations through direct mail, online/digital giving and engagement campaigns that inspire donors to make a gift to USF.
- Collaborate with the Development Communications team to design and refine strategy, timing, messages and segmentation. This includes segmenting donors and tailoring appeals and messaging after grouping our audiences to improve fundraising effectiveness.
- Work with multiple internal constituents; identify and proactively manage internal and external third-party vendors such as graphic designers, print vendors, mail houses and postal authorities, from bidding process to completion of project.
- Utilize all available and appropriate communication channels in delivery of donor correspondence, including direct mail, website, social media, email, and mobile platforms.
- Guide and participate in the creation of direct mail and e-mail content, including working with other staff to craft effective solicitations.
- Ensure all communications are clear, fair, timely, appropriate, and that each is relevant to USF's work and mission.
- Closely manage marketing campaign costs and internal resources to ensure budgets are used as effectively as possible.
- Work closely with the Development team to diversify and expand the donor base.
- Partner with the Director of Annual Giving and other development and campus partners to coordinate and direct aspects of special University fundraising programs including, but not limited to Giving Tuesday and the Day of the Dons, the university's day of giving.
- Work with Director of Annual Giving and other colleagues to oversee development of any supportive talking points and messaging materials to support frontline solicitation efforts surrounding milestone fundraising campaigns (Day of the Dons, Calendar and Fiscal Year End campaigns, etc.)
- Collaborate with engagement and annual giving colleagues to implement strategic marketing efforts to increase our student and young alumni philanthropy results.
- Lead efforts to create and implement an aggressive retention program, including expanding our recurring giving strategy and elevating our efforts to elevate and expand our loyalty giving society.
- Increase giving from alumni and other individuals through the oversight, implementation and coordination of a robust crowdfunding program for USF. This will include:
- Serving as the divisional expert on current crowdfunding platform, GiveCampus
- Working with the campus community to identify and market fundable projects
- Engaging alumni groups to assist with promoting approved crowdfunding projects
Data Management & Reporting
- Oversee accuracy and integrity of donor data used in outgoing annual giving direct marketing appeals. This is inclusive of all direct marketing channels including direct mail, email marketing and phonathon appeals as well as appeals around comprehensive Development initiatives and requires a high degree of professionalism reflecting understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Analyzes and provide regular reports to the Director of Annual Giving and Associate Vice President for Annual Giving & Operations on the performance of direct marketing appeals. This includes plotting benchmarks and trends from current and past direct marketing efforts and working with they Systems & Analytics teams to evaluate needs for predictive models to maximize fundraising results.
- Extract and manipulate data for direct marketing appeals including all direct marketing channels including direct mail, email marketing and phonathon appeals as well as appeals around comprehensive Development initiatives.
- Analyze costs and returns for various types of communications/ fundraising efforts.
- Identify areas of opportunity and growth. Work with the Systems & Analytics team and the Director of Annual Giving to design direct marketing tests, monitor analyze results and implement effective ways of presenting information.
- Participate in Development Division team efforts, including divisional, vertical and department meetings.
- Remain current on programs and initiatives at USF.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of five years experience in annual giving fundraising, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated success in using direct marketing to solicit donations.
- Ability to clearly articulate the case for support and fundraising priorities of USF in supporting the university's mission.
- Strong communication skills, including prioritizing a collaborative approach to internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to work on deadline and manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with statistical analysis.
- Experience utilizing technology tools and social media to enable fundraising.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Associate-Director--Annual-Giving_R0003134.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |