Facilities Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Buildings & Events
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Supervises Facilities Staff this includes custodial, trades, grounds and outside contractors. Assists in all aspects of facilities maintenance in properties own by WPI. Responses for all emergency calls on shift and determines if additional staffing is needed. Oversees snow removal and event support.
- Directs and prioritizes daily duties of third shift staff. Overseas the 3rd shift facilities operation and makes decisions regarding various maintenance issues, including the need to call-in additional staffing. Manages events and projects taking place on campus.
- Maintains records and logs in a number of facilities based software solutions. In charge of maintaining in inventory of supplies related to facilities operations. Conducts quality inspections of all assigned work on a nightly basis. Assures adherence to all WPI policies.
- Associates Degree in Business Management or 4 years of Supervisory experience in a related facilities operation.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to provide outstanding customer service to the diverse members of the WPI Community.
- Valid Driver License.
- Knowledge and ability to operate Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new software related to facilities operations and information tracking
- Knowledge of buildings and facilities operations
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Facilities-Supervisor---3rd-Shift_R0000991
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.