Program Coordinator (4722C), Haas School of Business - 1580 - 1580
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance - academic and artistic, political and cultural - make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 18, 2019
UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business offers a unique opportunity to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and continually learn in a workplace committed to increasing diversity and creating a welcoming environment for all.
Our distinctive culture is captured within our four Defining Leadership Principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. These principles distinguish Berkeley Haas as a unique environment, conducive to teamwork, collaboration, and career growth.
For more information about the Haas School of Business visit: https://haas.berkeley.edu/about/
Applies professional Student Services concepts in providing student services to a student population served by the organization, and to faculty and management within that organization.
- Within the Haas School of Business Full-time MBA Program, provides student services in the following areas: primary contact for MBA club leaders regarding event space, event planning and fundraising; manage communications with corporate sponsors; manage and train students on club management technologies; and create and contribute to student communications and publications.
- Provides basic academic advising advice and assistance to 500+ students regarding academic requirements, schedules and processes.
Student Orientation and Commencement:
- Contributes to planning and management of orientation and graduation.
- Coordinates and implements program sponsored student events. Manages purchasing and related vendor activities. Obtains required campus permits.
- Manages program budget reporting including deposits and payments. Generates reports from varied campus systems. Serves as the program webmaster, updating departmental web pages.
- Work on special programs as assigned
- Attend classes which will enhance expertise in job areas
- Serve on departmental and campus-wide committees as appropriate
- Participate in activities that enhance the campus community and/or larger community to further University service
- Maintain knowledge of Full-time MBA Program business processes in order to provide back up to other support staff in the unit.
- Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn University-specific computer application programs and pertinent databases.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn University processes and procedures.
- Ability to learn and understand University rules and regulations.
- Interpersonal skills. Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations.
- Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
- Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
- Ability to multi-task, verbal communication, written communication, organization.
- Previous work experience in student services
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of HTML and Web Design/Maintenance
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Salary & Benefits
This is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay will be commensurate with experience, within the Union negotiated rates of $24.17 - $29.02 / Steps 1.0 - 9.0.For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1580&PostingSeq=1