Department Head and Associate/Full Professor
Missouri State University College of Business, Department of Information Technology and Cybersecurity
The Department of Information Technology and Cybersecurity (ITC) in the College of Business (COB) at Missouri State University (MSU) invites applications for an innovative, team-oriented, visionary leader for the position of Department Head and Associate/Full Professor of Information Technology and Cybersecurity. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2022. The Department Head will work with Information Technology (IT) and Quantitative Business Analysis (QBA) faculty on the strategic future of the department and curricular/program issues and lead a team of collegial faculty responsible for undergraduate programs in Information Technology, including options in Application Development, Cybersecurity, and IT Infrastructure, and Business Analysis, as well as two graduate IT programs (MS Cybersecurity and MS Information Technology). ITC Department faculty also contribute to the College’s MBA, Executive MBA, MHA, and Executive MHA programs, as well as the General Business Program on the MSU China Campus. The Department of Information Technology and Cybersecurity has 21 full-time faculty and nearly 500 undergraduate and graduate students. The highly qualified and collegial faculty have forged strong relationships with industry as demonstrated by an engaged advisory board and 70+ firms recruiting ITC related majors at recent COB Business Career Fairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Department Head’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit, develop, and evaluate faculty
- Develop, review, and update academic programs and curriculum
- Coordinate with the Business Advisement Center and COB Graduate Programs Office to facilitate recruitment and advisement of students
- Counsel students regarding careers and academic programs
- Develop and manage the departmental budget
- Create the class schedule for each semester
- Teach courses and conduct research to maintain personal faculty qualification per AACSB guidelines
- Supervise the administrative functions of the Department of Information Technology and Cybersecurity
- Promote a collegial environment
- Oversee the teaching, research, service, and related scholarly activities of the Department of Information Technology and Cybersecurity
- Develop and enhance relationships with departmental advisory board(s), professional associations, and other external constituencies
- Cultivate employer relationships and facilitate placement of graduates
- Promote the development of competitive online programs
About the College of Business
- An earned doctorate in an appropriate technology-related discipline from an AACSB-accredited institution.
- An established record of scholarly research, teaching, and service appropriate for appointment as a tenured Associate or Full Professor
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to interact successfully with industry
- Demonstrated leadership and collegiality
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse environment
The College of Business at Missouri State University is housed in Glass Hall. A $35M renovation project and a 37,000 square foot addition were completed in 2018. The College has more than 5,000 students, positioning it among the largest Colleges of Business in the Midwest. The College of Business is fully accredited by AACSB including supplemental accreditation in accounting. In addition to the Department of Information Technology and Cybersecurity, the college is comprised of the School of Accountancy and Departments of Finance and General Business, Management, and Marketing in the business unit, as well as two separately accredited departments - Merchandising and Fashion Design, and Technology and Construction Management. The College offers BS, BA, MAcc, MBA, and MHA degrees as well as MS degrees in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Project Management.
About Missouri State University
Missouri State University (MSU) is a public, comprehensive university system with a mission in public affairs. Located in Springfield, Missouri, MSU enrolls just over 24,000 students in the arts, business, engineering, healthcare, humanities, social sciences, and natural and physical sciences. Our purpose is to develop fully educated persons with a focus on ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement. For more information about MSU, visit www.missouristate.edu.
Living in Springfield, Missouri
Springfield is a thriving community with a metro population of over 450,000. It is a growing business center and a city known for college life - but it is so much more than a college town. It is an optimistic, developing city with a diversified economy, located in an area known for outstanding recreational opportunities. https://www.liveinspringfieldmo.com/
Applications. Applications should include the following information
- Curriculum vita with contact information for at least three professional references
- Cover letter
- Statement of vision of leadership
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees achieved
The first date of consideration will be 10/1/2021 and will continue until the search is completed. See https://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/55807 for a full description of the position and to apply.
Employment will require a criminal background check at University expense.
Please direct questions about the position to the search committee chair:
Dr. Kent Ragan, KentRagan@MissouriState.edu, (417) 836-5646.