VinUniversity (https://vinuni.edu.vn) is a private, not-for-profit university established by Vingroup - the largest private conglomerate in Vietnam. VinUniversity aspires to become a university of excellence with a mission to develop talents for the future. The University has built strategic collaborations with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania - a choice that speaks to our commitment to excellence, innovation in research and teaching, and to making a difference in the world.
VinUniversity comprises of College of Arts and Sciences; College of Business and Management; College of Engineering and Computer Science; and College of Health Sciences.
Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), and Times Higher Education (THE). The institution has also signed collaboration agreements to offer integrated dual-degree with leading universities in computer science, engineering, business management and health sciences.
In October 2020, VinUniversity’s inaugural convocation ceremony was held on its beautiful campus located at Vinhomes Ocean Park, Hanoi, Vietnam. The University was set up with a total investment of VND 6,500 billions (approximately USD 285 millions) from Vingroup.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Research Administration reports to the Vice Provost of Research and Innovation at VinUniversity. The Director of Research Administration is responsible for developing, implementing, streamlining the processes and policies related to the conduct of research at VinUniversity, supporting faculty and researchers in all administrative aspects of proposal development and grant management, creating and disseminating research related reporting, research communications at the university level, supports external partnerships related to research, and any other functions to advance research at VinUniversity. Specifically:
- Streamline and simplify administrative processes such as proposal development, grant management, approvals, documentation, ethical review processes for human subjects
- Advise researchers about the requirements for an externally funded grant proposal and assist in completing the best possible proposal
- Negotiate with sponsors regarding terms of external grant agreements
- Administer all internal funding opportunities for research
- Develop reporting related to research functions at the university level
- Develop and maintain the research website
- Lead efforts in research communication by publishing news, articles and publication updates
- Liaise with external collaborators for research partnerships, contracts and agreements
- Develop templates and processes for research administration
- Participate in identifying and disseminating to VinUniversity researchers, funding opportunities for research
- Organize research events at the university level, such as university lectures, symposia, workshops
- Organize the undergraduate research programs at the university level
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Vietnamese).
- Prior working experience in research administration.
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Highly organized, has great attention to detail, manages time and priorities well.
- Able to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and students to handle tough situations and arrive at win-win solutions.
- Prior supervisory experience.
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/112408 and send (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume, and (3) two recommendation letters.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.).
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.