Full-Time Assistant Cycling Coach
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Full-Time Assistant Cycling Coach to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing exceptional service to students, faculty, and staff by acting as the primary point of contact for all communication for the Academic Commons. Reporting directly to the Director and Head Coach of the Cycling Team. Successful candidates for this position will possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, punctuality, and a desire to lead within the program. The Assistant Coach will have autonomy in developing training programs, practices, group rides and team training sessions. The Assistant Coach will be expected to lead in developing and mentoring graduate assistants and interns within the program. They may be assigned other administrative duties in assistance to the Director of Strength and Conditioning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Schedule and conduct regular training sessions and team rides in and out of season.
- Assist in training of team members in conjunction with the Head Coach to prepare riders for the demands of collegiate cycling.
- Travel with the team to races
- Enforce university and policies and procedures.
- Recommend improvements and modifications to the program.
- Promote academic progress of students through both grades and attendance.
- Assist in Developing a competitive event schedule, in conjunction with the Athletic Director and Coach that fits travel budget as well as Marian’s rules and regulations.
- Assist in selection, purchase, fitting, and maintenance of equipment’
- Conduct fundraising activities and assists with approved fundraising activities as requested.
- Help with day to day operations of operating a collegiate cycling program.
- Promote the philosophy and values of the Athletic Program and Marian University.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- USA Cycling Coaching License
- Prior Coaching experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of rules and regulations governing recruitment, eligibility, and related functions
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professionalreferences, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Prior work experience in the field of collegiate or high school cycling (internships/graduate assistantships included)
- Experience with developing training plans for cyclists.
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency in using Excel, Training Peaks, and other sports performance technologies.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: