The ASSISTments Foundation is looking to hire an Executive Director to help Cristina and Dr. Neil Heffernan,the husband and wife team at Worcester Polytechnic Institute who created ASSISTments, scale-up ASSISTments.
What is the ASSISTments Foundation?
The ASSISTments Foundation is an entity that promotes the use of ASSISTments by teachers and researchers across the country. Over the course of its tenure, ASSISTments has received $25 million in federal and philanthropic funding. Like many non-profit research organizations such as AIR, EDC and WestEd, our business model is based on receiving federal and philanthropic funding to carry out research. Last year 1,000 teachers across the U.S. used ASSISTments, and their students solved 12 million math problems.
For the Executive Director position:
include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the ASSISTments Foundation to support a growing staff.
- Coordinate grant proposal with WPI and other foundations
- Create and maintain general operating and project budgets.
- Develop a 5 year strategic plan to grow this non-profit.
- Coordinate all aspects of the educational outreach strategy.
- Passion for improving K-12 education.
- Demonstrated experience some aspects of managing budgets, fundraising and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to identify and solve problems.
- Experience in people management.
Application Requirements for this Position.
- Demonstrated experience with education technology and tools.
- Familiarity with academia.
- Experience working in nonprofit settings.
- Grant writing experience.
- Scaling up experience or thinking strategically.
Please submit your application materials to Cristina Heffernan at email@example.com
- Submit a letter of interest describing your background, pertinent skills and why you would be a successful candidate for the job.
- Include a resume of your education and work experience and provide a personal email and phone number.
Be prepared to provide a list of references.
To apply, visit: https://www.neilheffernan.net/opportunities/executive-director
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.