The Primary Care Research Institute (PCRI), based in the Department of Family Medicine, is seeking an Associate Director of Development responsible for accelerating the growth of external funding in support of health services research that translates evidence into practice. Works with research teams and community partners to improve patient and community health.
Job responsibilities to include:
* Accelerate proposal development efforts among PCRI principal investigators and their teams.
* Maintains a current understanding of funding sponsors (federal- AHRQ, NIH, HRSA, SAMHSA, BJA & non-government), their guidelines, their priorities, and their grant review process.
* Identifies funding opportunities, and helps match investigators with funding mechanisms, based on competitiveness (qualifications, duration, resubmission potential, & # of intended awards).
* Works with investigators and community partners to: design grant frameworks, driven by review criteria, that address specific aims, goal/objectives, relevant research designs, timelines, and budgets; and develop and maintain boiler plate documentation for grant applications.
* Leads teams that package and review proposal documents: drafts, formats, and reviews required proposal documents, including- grant narrative, biographical sketches, scope of work, budget justifications, letters of support, and other required supporting documentation- ensuring all documents are compliant with sponsor guidelines.
* Works independently and collaboratively with PCRI teams, adept at problem-solving, and able to manage multiple grant development projects and requests under strict deadlines.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.