University of Idaho
$66,887 annually or higher commensurate with experience
This position directs all aspects of the University NCAA rules education and compliance program.
The position acts as the University liaison with the NCAA and affiliated conference, and outside constituent groups regarding rules interpretations and compliance issues.
It interacts effectively with general counsel and the athletic department coaches and staff, student-athletes, university faculty & staff, administration, and outside entities to ensure rules compliance through the development and dissemination of rules education programs, and the documentation, monitoring, and oversight of relevant activities. This position reports to the Office of General Counsel.
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of compliance, legal, or higher education work experience
- NCAA Division I compliance experience
- Experience with making administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Demonstrated computer and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student records
- Masters degree or Juris Doctorate Degree
- 3-4 years of Division I compliance experience/administration
- NCAA Compliance Software expertise
- Ability to operate effectively in a competitive atmosphere
- Ability to establish good rapport with administration, coaches, faculty, staff, and student-athletes
- Personal and professional integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of NCAA and affiliated conference rules regarding the collection and retention of student-athlete enrollment data
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized student information systems and NCAA Compliance Assistance software
- Comprehensive working knowledge of university-level student registration policies, regulations, procedures, and standards
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Open Until Filled:
Please detail in your letter of qualification how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications. First review date for applications will be January 18, 2019.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.