The Assistant Director of the Bryant Fund reports directly to the Director of the Bryant Fund. S/he works cooperatively with the Director of the Bryant Fund and Senior Development Management to set annual and long-term goals and priorities, advance and monitor the progress of initiatives, and provide information required for department-wide trend analysis and reporting for all Bryant Fund programs. The Assistant Director also works cooperatively with members of Advancement Services, Alumni and Parent Engagement, University Relations, as well as outside vendors and consultants that provide services and materials in support of giving programs and initiatives at the University.
1. Work in close collaboration with the Director of the Bryant Fund and Senior Development Management to create and implement a comprehensive, effective and innovative strategic plan to meet ambitious annual fundraising and participation goals. Priority goals include increasing undergraduate alumni participation and increasing unrestricted giving and total program giving.
2. Work with Director of the Bryant Fund to develop accurate goals for all Bryant Fund programs including Direct Mail, Telefund, Senior Class Gift, Campus Campaign, Parents Fund, and President’s Cup Golf Tournament.
3. Work with Director of the Bryant Fund to develop detailed production schedules for all assigned Bryant Fund programs, develop solicitation materials, and oversee the production of these materials by internal staff members and outside vendors.
4. Provide leadership in the recruitment and management of Bryant Fund campaign volunteers and supervise assigned staff in support of volunteers for specific programs including Senior Class Gift, Campus Campaign, and class giving/affinity fundraising efforts.
5. Coordinate volunteer committee(s) to assist in the planning and execution of the annual President’s Cup Golf Tournament. This includes soliciting individuals and corporations for participation in the event both as golfing and non-golfing sponsors.
6. Staff or participate in any cultivation events deemed appropriate. Perform related duties as assigned.
7. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
The position requires an undergraduate degree with at least 2-3 years of demonstrated fundraising experience in an annual giving fundraising program, preferably in a higher education setting.
The Assistant Director of the Bryant Fund must be a strong writer and editor, have a thorough understanding of direct mail solicitation methods and practices, digital marketing, social media outreach and online fundraising practices, stewardship principles, telemarketing, and volunteer management. S/he must have strong organizational skills and will implement and execute projects ensuring that they are on task and within assigned budget. S/he develops detailed production schedules and is in regular contact with those having production assignments. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with donors and members of the Bryant community are essential.
Individual must have a willingness to work outside of normal business hours and to assume other responsibilities as assigned. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and SCT Banner experience is a plus.