Dean, Williams Honors College
The University of Akron
The Dean of the Williams Honors College will provide visionary and innovative leadership for a dynamic, community-engaged college that prides itself in developing graduates who are knowledgeable and capable while providing a rigorous, transformative learning experience to produce influential citizen-leaders with a global mindset, a multidisciplinary approach to problem-solving, and exceptional interpersonal skills across cultures.
- A clear vision for developing a transformative and distinctive Williams Honors College experience and the ability to translate that vision into action;
- Superior communication and collaboration skills;
- The desire and ability to grow a culture of excellence in the College, with a focus on learning outcomes, community building, and inspirational student experiences;
- A tactical and strategic plan for improving the quality of Williams Honors College colloquia and student theses projects;
- The organizational and persuasive skills to work with other colleges to expand the reach and impact of the Williams Honors College;
- The dedication and motivation to diversify the Honors student body via recruiting;
- An established track record of excellence in teaching and scholarly activity and the ability to meet the requirements for tenure at the rank of professor in one of UA’s academic programs.
- Experience with international or exchange programs;
- Experience building programs that help students identify and achieve their goals, or realize their capabilities and reach their potential;
- A record of successful interdisciplinary, international, or inter-collegiate partnerships and collaborations;
- Success in managing organizational change or creating organizational buy-in;
- Experience in working across an entire enterprise.
Located in Akron, Ohio, The University of Akron (UA) is one of the largest employers in the region and offers an array of employment opportunities. Here you’ll find a metropolitan setting that places you in the heart of a dynamic, regional economy and in sync with the pulse of business, government and the community.
We’re committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff by including individuals from varied backgrounds and characteristics, including age, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, sexual orientation and socioeconomic background. We’re also committed to offering competitive salary and benefits packages to qualified candidates.
Applications will be considered until position is filled, with full consideration given to those received before March 18, 2019.
For complete position details, visit
Job ID #11021