Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Located in the heart of Boston, Simmons University embodies the benefits of a small university in the nation's best college town. Simmons has a cherished history of visionary thinking and social responsibility and a mission that has remained constant for over a century: to provide transformative learning that links passion with lifelong purpose.
Today, Simmons serves nearly 2,000 students in a women-centered undergraduate program and nearly 5,000 students in coeducational graduate programs. Simmons recently embarked on an academic redesign to create four interdisciplinary colleges. Given the richness and complexity of its offerings, Simmons obtained formal approval and became Simmons University effective September 1, 2018.
Simmons University is seeking an Assistant Registrar to take responsibility for Simmons's student data reporting to, and reconciliation with, national and federal databases and for student systems database management and reporting. The Assistant Registrar develops a deep understanding of student and course data in the student information system in order to ensure Simmons regulatory compliance, data accuracy and completeness, and to produce standard and ad hoc reports,
The Assistant Registrar serves as the University's compliance coordinator for the National Student Clearinghouse and National Student Loan Database and is responsible for maintaining accurate records and enrollment statuses. This position is a certifying official for the Veterans' Administration and monitors status changes of all students who receive veterans' benefits. The Assistant Registrar is also responsible for withdrawals and reinstatements for all graduate students, on-campus and online. In addition, the Assistant Registrar prepares scheduled and ad hoc reports from the University student information system on enrollments, demographics, etc. for internal use.
- Serve as Simmons' representative to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). Responsible for University compliance with the policies and regulations of the National Student Clearinghouse. Interpret new or revised Clearinghouse requirements and update Simmons' procedures and documentation accordingly, ensuring accurate submission of student information.
- Prepare monthly uploads for the Clearinghouse; receive, review, interpret, and reconcile the discrepancies provided by the Clearinghouse; reconcile discrepancies in enrollment information shared between the Clearinghouse and the National Student Loan Database;
- Act as Certifying School Official for the Veterans' Administration managing veterans' educational benefits records at Simmons.
- Responsible for staying current with the protocols and rules for students who receive veterans' benefits and how changes affect their registration status; maintain VA Once online system;
- Process withdrawals and reinstatements of all graduate students, on-campus and online, ensuring accuracy of student records and compliance with program and University policies;
- Respond to regular and ad hoc internal Simmons requests for data / reports on student program and registration at regular intervals and upon request, collaborating with offices across the University (including Institutional Research, Provost's Office, Finance, Dean's Offices, etc.); maintain enrollment, demographic, degree conferral, and student program information on the University web site;
- Collaborate with the Office of Technology to resolve issues in the student information system and/or the student portal and to troubleshoot issues, serves as lead role for the Registrar's Office on data cleanup efforts;
- Serve as part of the front office customer service team for students, faculty, staff and administrators, in person, over email, and on the phone, responding to questions about registration/records, courses, curriculum requirements, enrollments, transfer credit, transcripts, graduation, grading and cross-registration;
- Support the mission of the Office to uphold the dignity of each of our customers by being ethical, respectful, fair, and courteous in our communications and actions in the support of teaching and learning at Simmons.
Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience with higher education student information systems. Minimum two years related work experience, preferably in higher education;
- Must have strong technology skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly strong Excel skills, including excellent skills in data manipulation;
- Ability to understand complex relationships among data elements and produce accurate, detailed reports;
- Familiarity with a student information system (Ellucian Colleague preferred, but not required);
- Self-starter with the ability to exercise initiative, independence, and maturity and function with limited supervisory intervention;
- Attentive to detail and ability to work independently;
- Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects on an as needed basis;
- Comfortable working in a student information system or similar database;
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple requests and handle them in an efficient and timely manner;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to thoroughly understand and abide by federal and University guidelines regarding student record confidentiality requirements;
- Proven ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgement, diplomacy and tact.
: Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of your application.
Simmons is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a University committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, Simmons welcomes and encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Registrar_R05435-1
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |