Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Head of Science and Engineering Library Services
University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo Libraries seek a dynamic, innovative, and service-oriented Head of Science and Engineering Library Services (HSELS) to work collaboratively with the Associate University Librarian for Research Education and Outreach (AUL REO), to lead and direct the faculty of the Science and Engineering Team. This team serves departments in the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences along with relevant research centers and institutes.
As the Head of Science and Engineering Library Services, you will:
- Directly supervise library liaisons to all of UB’s STEM disciplines;
- Serve as a liaison and subject specialist contributing to the research literacy of students, faculty, staff, and key partners of the STEM disciplines;
- Collaboratively set departmental goals with the AUL REO, develop metrics for success, analyze trends, and initiate, develop and assess innovative services;
- Advocate for appropriate staffing levels and establish regular continuing education opportunities for current staff;
- Promote teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness across the UB enterprise;
- Create close working relationships with library staff and forge new partnerships to integrate our resources and services throughout the research process;
- Provide proactive leadership and oversight for programs and services that support research and education activities of students, faculty, and staff across the university and beyond;
- Direct the development and implementation of new programs and services for the STEM disciplines;
- Develop new library services and spaces, such as design labs and makerspaces.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate an awareness of trends in scholarly communication in the sciences, emerging technologies, bibliometrics, and the research workflow;
- Be conversant in public access policy compliance issues and similar requirements;
- Have a vision for a modern, forward-thinking Science and Engineering Library;
- Communicate actively with fellow professionals through research, publishing, and presentations at local, regional, and national venues.
We are looking for a skilled, passionate individual to join us in making the University Libraries a center of energy and innovation on campus. You can expect to learn continuously in a rapidly changing academic landscape. We will help you be successful by providing strong mentoring and professional development opportunities in an environment where smart risk taking and design thinking is encouraged and celebrated. If you can see yourself as part of this environment, please apply.
Based upon qualifications, experience, the University’s standards for continuing appointment, and Libraries’ standards in librarianship, research, service and outreach, we anticipate appointing the successful candidate at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian, Associate Librarian, or Librarian.
- Master’s degree in the field of library and information science from an ALA accredited institution;
- Three or more years of supervisory experience with a record of successful leadership and administrative accomplishment;
- Experience working in an academic library as a librarian in a STEM field;
- Extensive knowledge of scholarly resources used within STEM and/or related fields;
- Extensive knowledge of the different information needs of the wide array of stakeholders in academic STEM communities;
- Strong service orientation and the ability to work effectively with colleagues, teaching faculty, and community members in a diverse community;
- Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to the changing needs of a vibrant academic community;
- Proven leadership in implementing program assessment goals, strategies, and measures;
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, project, and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete tasks and projects on time with little supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, support, and/or promote innovative solutions, in instruction, service, or meeting user needs.
- An entrepreneurial approach to working in an academic setting;
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in a STEM field or data-driven discipline;
- Mentoring experience;
- Successful experience in grant writing;
- Demonstrated level of professional development including publications, professional development, and service, reflecting the capacity to achieve tenure.
Contact’s Name Cherie Williams
Contact’s Title Human Resources Officer
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-2972
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |