Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Budget & Operations-JM (Mary Calarese)
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Finance, the Director of Financial Planning will support all aspects of financial planning for the University, including institutional budgeting, resource planning, modeling and forecasting, financial analysis, business plan/program review and position control. The Director will provide reporting analysis, presentation and process improvement and implementation. Working closely with the Controller, the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will coordinate planning functions with financial systems.
- Implement and enhance systems to collect and disseminate financial information through reporting, dashboards, metrics and presentations to meet the needs of various constituents and support decision making and budget management.
- Work with college leadership and various constituents to lead the development and implementation of long-term, short-term and current year budgets and forecasts. Reconcile financial data provided from various offices for integration into plans (i.e. enrollment, financial aid, utilities, staffing, etc.).
- Manage the development, implementation, and analysis of annual line item operating and capital budgets including the resolution of budget variances.
- Manage position control and payroll obligations in close coordination with the offices of Talent and Inclusion and Academic Affairs.
- Provide community outreach and support to budget managers related to budget development, management, training and monitoring.
- Perform on-going and year-end analysis of financial results, coordinate adjustments as required. Identify trends and recommend corrective action if needed.
- Prepare and implement budget policies and procedures in collaboration with the Controller and Associate Vice President for Finance.
- Working closely with Institutional Research prepare peer analyses.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc reports to support budget management.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize the use of operating and restricted funds.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- A minimum of five years of relevant financial reporting experience in non-profit or higher education.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and/or financial modeling software.
- Experience with WorkDay is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of general ledger accounting, attention to detail.
- Inquisitive nature with an interest in enabling others to learn.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present financial information with a wide range of constituents.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Director-of-Financial-Planning-and-Analysis_R0000084-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |