Director, Advancement Marketing and Communications
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Operations, and in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President, Communication (Advancement), the Director of Advancement Marketing and Communications, will be responsible for the coordination, development, and execution of digital, print, and video content for the office of Advancement. The successful candidate will have exceptional writing and editing skills, and demonstrated experience in integrated cross-channel content marketing, including but not limited to direct mail, email, online, social media, and video. The Director of Advancement Marketing and Communications will work closely with other teams within the division, including Alumni Engagement, Annual Giving, Capital Gifts, gift planning, and other institutional partnerships.
The Director of Advancement Marketing and Communications should be innovative, organized, and deadline-focused, and have experience in managing both projects and teams.
1. Develops and executes content marketing and communications strategies that further Advancement goals across a variety of departments and functions, including, Alumni Engagement, Annual Giving, Capital Gifts, Stewardship, gift planning, and other institutional partnerships at Simmons by liaising with these partners to understand and distill their strategic goals and objectives, and provide support as necessary. Creates, edits, and manages the production of digital and print content that is strategically focused, engages audiences, and aligns with and enhances Simmons' brand and identity. Develops and maintains a cross-channel integrated editorial calendar for the advancement office for multiple audiences.
2. Recruit, manage, motivate and develop advancement marketing communications staff to work effectively and energetically with advancement partners to generate meaningful content that resonates with current students, alumnae/I, parents, friends, and faculty/staff through email, print, video, and social media. Creates and supervises the development and maintenance of a content library for internal and external communications from the Advancement Office. Evaluates existing programs, strategies and tactics; recommends and implements future approaches for advancement communications and marketing.
3. Monitor industry trends, issues and technologies, and proposes innovative strategies and tactics to achieve advancement objectives. Develops content guidelines and tools for the advancement office that adhere to best practices in higher education and advancement marketing and communications. Tracks appropriate metrics and develops reports to monitor audience engagement and programs success. Evaluates marketing channel reach to improve and understand ROI on advancement communications.
4. Collaborate with Enrollment, Central Marketing, Student Life, and Athletics to build cross-departmental communications strategies that focus on improving multipurpose content generation, coordination and reach.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum five years of work experience preferred in marketing and communications, preferably in a competitive higher education, non-profit or agency setting;
- Proven experience in developing digital and print content with a strategic focus on advancing organizational goals and objectives;
- Ability to effectively communicate the mission of Simmons, strategic vision and plan and case for philanthropic support;
- A self-motivated, detail-oriented professional who possesses the ability to think strategically and can interact professionally to develop relationships with a diverse range of constituencies;
- Superior organizational skills, strong customer service orientation, and ability to work effectively in an independent and interdependent setting;
- Demonstrated project management skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and projects under tight deadlines and to be able to work well in a complex organization.
Please submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV field on the 'My Experience' section of your application.
As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Director--Marketing-and-Communications_R02875-1
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.