Al Ghurair University (AGU) is one of the first private Universities that received license from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR). All bachelor and master degree programs offered by AGU have been accredited by MOHESR and are internationally recognized. AGU plans are in place to commence doctoral programs in near future. The University is currently looking for well qualified, dynamic and experienced academic leaders for the position of Dean in each of the following colleges.
a)DEAN – COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDIES: College of Business Studies is one of the well reputed business colleges in Dubai, with a global perspective and recognized for its teaching excellence. The college offers BBA and MBA programs to its students and planning for doctoral programs in the near future.
b)DEAN – COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTING: The College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) is one of the few Engineering Colleges in UAE, with ABET accredited programs in addition to local/national accreditation.
c)DEAN – COLLEGE OF LAW: College of Law is recognized for its teaching excellence. The college offers Bachelor of Law and Master of Law programs to its students and planning to expand further.
Qualification, Experience & Competencies:
- An earned doctorate from a reputed university in respective field of specialization related to the courses offered by the college.
- Academic credentials matching to merit appointment at the rank of professor.
- Teaching experience at a university level is required for at least Five years.
- Proven track record of excellence in teaching, research, community service and mentoring faculty / students in an AACSB /ABET accredited institution.
- Previous experience in academic leadership as a Dean / Head of an academic department/college.
- Leadership qualities to build and foster cooperation, consensus, collaborative decision-making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary for dealing with faculty, staff , students and other professionals from academia and industry.
- Excellent exposure or experience in curriculum development & developing academic partnership with highly reputed global Universities.
- Work experience to manage college resources in an effective & efficient manner.
- The candidate should exhibit originality and excellence in his/her field of specialization – teaching, learning and research.
- Strong, solid and recent research record in the expertise required by the position.
- Good experience in developing and managing academic programs based on the American Model of tertiary Education.
- He / She should be acquainted with the process of accreditation and re-accreditation of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Strong leadership and management skills consistent with the duties of a Dean, including the management of faculty/staff performance.
- Ability to contribute to the overall strategic directions of the University by developing centers of research and a culture of best practice in teaching.
- The candidate must have the ability & experience in advising, guiding and counseling students on regular basis.
- The candidate must have commitment to diversity and multiculturalism.
- Ability to work effectively as part of the team.
The candidates should be a strategic and creative visionary with an excellent track record of leadership and the personal qualities to inspire faculty, students, staff and community stakeholders alike. Manage the academic, administrative, and financial affairs of the college as per the rules and regulations of the University. The position is expected to evaluate overall productivity in education, research, and community service responsibilities of the college. The Dean will supervise the planning, development, and implementation process of all academic programs. He/she will lead the college towards achieving University mission, goals & strategic plans.
Dean’s rank will commensurate with qualifications and experience. The medium of instruction at College of Business Studies, College of Engineering & Computing is English and College of law is Arabic. Candidate should have very strong Arabic and English communication skills, both verbal and written as well as the ability to continuously monitor and improve University programs. Competitive and tax free salary is offered to the right candidate.
To be considered for a Full-time Dean’s position, the candidate must have earned his/her terminal degree from a reputed institution, included in the approved list of universities on the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR) Web site.
The application package should include a covering letter, updated curriculum vitae, teaching statement, a brief statement of current and future research interests, evidence of excellence in research & teaching. Please provide names and contact information for two references.