University of Idaho
Associate Director, Development
University Advancement (Div)
$66,989.60 annually or higher commensurate with experience
The associate director for development for the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) is responsible for engaging corporations and foundations in building meaningful relationships that lead to investment in college and institutional priorities. The associate director works with the director to identify, cultivate, solicit and secure corporate and foundation support for these priorities. Alongside the director, the associate director will develop and maintain effective partnerships across campus, including in academic and financial administration, faculty leadership, and partners. The associate director is a key member of the unit fundraising team and works collaboratively to achieve fundraising goals for the unit.
- Bachelors degree
- 2-4 years full-time professional experience in fundraising or related areas
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of development fundraising, preferably in higher education
- Demonstrated excellent writing and communication skills
- Possess and demonstrate interpersonal relationship skills such that one can work independently and in a multi-layered team environment while fostering positive relationships, teamwork and cooperation so that the organization can be successful in meeting its goals
- Experience coordinating events
- Effective organizational and marketing skills
- Familiarity with database computer systems and applications
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience with volunteer boards and committees
- Public relations experience
- Strong knowledge of development activities, preferably in higher education
- Higher education advancement experience
- Full time experience working in support of a major fundraising effort
Willingness to travel and work odd hours and weekends
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For first consideration, please apply by August 14, 2018.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.