University of Idaho
Director of Development
University Advancement (Div)
$76,398.40 - $95,497 annually
The director of development is responsible for increasing major gift opportunities for the College of Agricultural & Life Sciences. Specific responsibilities include management of assigned prospects with cultivation activities, face-to-face visits, proposal development, identification and solicitation of major gifts primarily ranging from $25,000 to $1,000,000 from individuals, corporations and foundations. He/she is a key member of the college/unit fundraising team and works collaboratively to achieve fundraising goals for the college/unit.
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years full-time professional experience in fundraising or related areas
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
- Effective organizational and marketing skills
- Familiarity with database computer systems and applications
- Willingness to travel and work odd hours and weekends
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Experience with volunteer boards and committees
- Public relations or marketing experience
- Strong knowledge of development activities, preferably in higher education
- Experience or education in one of the colleges disciplines
- Experience in grant writing
Open Until Filled:
To be considered your Letter of Qualification must address each of the minimum qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
For first consideration, please apply by May 16, 2018.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.