Search for University Jobs in Senior Administration
Assistant Director of Equipment Operations
Assistant Director of Equipment Operations
734-Sports - Equipment
The Assistant Director is responsible for all aspects of the management of the Equipment Room operations for assigned sports and administrative areas. This includes the ordering, issuing, maintenance, and storage of all equipment, uniforms and gear.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the ordering, receiving, inventory, distribution/collection and maintenance of equipment for assigned sports.
- Negotiate bids with vendors to purchase the necessary equipment for all assigned varsity programs.
- Maintain accurate inventory of team equipment and initiate requests for replenishment of team items.
- Maintain records of equipment distributed to student-athletes for assigned sports.
- Coordinate with coaches to identify the equipment needs for assigned sports.
- Assist the Assistant Athletics Director of Equipment Operations in hiring, supervising, training and scheduling of student staff.
- Participate in budget process including, but not limited to tacking/settling all expenses.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of inventory control systems, to include the evaluation, ordering and receiving of equipment.
- Meet with sales representatives regarding new and existing products, ensuring that the needs of the student-athletes, coaches and staff are met within the budget.
- Assist in the coordination of laundry services for all Athletic programs following practices, games and training sessions for assigned sports.
- Assist in the coordinating and fitting of all equipment and clothing for assigned sports.
- Manage relationships with current Athletics Department vendors.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 2-3 years experience in an athletics department equipment room, preferably at the Division I level.
- Experience implementing and managing inventory control systems, purchasing, fitting and repairing equipment. Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to uniforms and equipment.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills and an ability to pay attention to details.
- Proficiency with personal computer applications.
- Experience using industrial laundry equipment.
- Valid drivers license.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Athletic Equipment Managers Association (A.E.M.A.) Certification preferred.
This position may require:
Special Message to Applicants
- Driving a light truck while transporting equipment.
- Considerable work time outside in various weather conditions.
- Heavy lifting, carrying equipment, walking.
- Operating industrial laundry equipment.
- Some travel.
- Significant night and weekend hours.
Please include the contact information for 3 professional references.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/14152
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |