Assistant Director of Admissions
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Administrative Exempt Positions
The individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. They will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with guidance counselors and key educational organizations.
- This individual will work to support the Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment and serve as a member of the multicultural student recruitment team.
Recruit, train and manage student staff in support of on campus programming to support the recruitment and enrollment of first generation, female students and students from under-represented backgrounds.
Assist in the development of a strategic recruitment plan for targeted populations (first generation, female student and students from under-represented backgrounds)
- Develop strategic recruitment plan for geographic territory in concert with university and departmental objectives. Plan Travel and implement recruitment activities for assigned high schools and territories including travel (5 to 6 weeks in the fall and 2 to 3 weeks in the spring) to support student recruitment.
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email, letter or phone.
- Identify and implement admissions strategies in assigned geographic region with special emphasis on urban centers in New England (Boston, Providence, Hartford) and in collaboration with Community Based Organizations.
- Represent WPI on and off campus at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with guidance counselors, community agencies, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Staffing TouchTomorrow event on an annual basis. Attendance and participation at all of the Admissions open house events.
- Make Admissions decisions based on a holistic review of application credentials.
- Conduct Admissions presentations and interviews on- and off-campus.
- Assist in the planning, execution and management of outreach events for underrepresented and female student throughout the recruitment process.
Liaise with the Office of Multicultural Affairs in support of underrepresented students.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Two to four years admissions experience in a professional capacity is desired.
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid drivers license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who is able to work independently, yet also as part of a successful team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, strong analytical abilities, a high energy level, and maturity.
- Bilingual skills desirable.
- Experience working with diverse student populations preferred.
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5595