Vice Provost for Enrollment Management
University of Massachusetts Lowell
The University of Massachusetts Lowell seeks an innovative, experienced leader to serve as its Vice Provost for Enrollment Management. Reporting directly to the Provost, the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management will be responsible to provide leadership, vision, and strategy, for the creation, implementation, and evaluation of a multi-year, enrollment management plan for UMass Lowell's on-campus, undergraduate programs. The Vice Provost will work collaboratively with senior leadership within and outside of Academic Affairs to ensure the University's success in executing this plan and will represent UMass Lowell enrollment management at the University of Massachusetts system level.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of contemporary best practices in enrollment management with expertise in financial aid, undergraduate admissions, the on-boarding of new students, data analysis, and the national trends impacting higher education. Further, the candidate will possess a track record of building, empowering, and leading highly successful teams in an integrated enrollment management setting.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• An earned master’s in a relevant discipline and demonstrated experience in data management, analysis, and internal/external reporting.
• Ten years of experience, with at least five in a supervisory role.
• Demonstrated record of successfully leading a service-oriented office that interacts daily with internal and external constituents.
• Demonstrated track record of effectively managing professional staff and financial resources.
• Experience in the knowledge and use of technology specific to enrollment management, admissions, recruitment, financial aid and statistical analysis, including an enterprise implementation of and experience with the broad usage of CRMs (e.g., Salesforce) is particularly desirable.
• Proven marketing experience with the ability to articulate strategies to successfully recruit and yield applicants.
• Doctoral degree in a related field
About UMass Lowell:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is a public research university committed to excellence in teaching, research and community engagement. Its enrollment of 18,300 makes it the second-largest of the five UMass campuses, trailing only UMass Amherst. A significant percentage of its growth has taken place over the past decade. Consequently, UMass Lowell is currently ranked as the fifth-fastest growing public doctoral institution in the nation by the Chronicle of Higher Education. During this period, admissions selectivity has increased substantially and the university has gone from unranked to No. 156 among national research universities, according to U.S. News & World Report. Concurrently, more than $600 million of investment has been made in facilities and campus improvements. With $68.5 million in annual research, UMass Lowell is classified by Carnegie Foundation as Doctoral University - Higher Research Activity. In 2017, the university completed its transition to NCAA Division I athletics.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For complete job summary and to apply, please visit: http://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/494159/vice-provost-for-enrollment-management
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.